PDA

View Full Version : Delete Word from Dictionary - Make it Stay Deleted!

Kinsbane
10-01-2010, 9:16 AM
Hi Swypers,

I love Swype. I am able to text and email very quickly while blindfolded.

But I do have one issue. I keep having to constantly delete words from the Swype dictionary that Swype somehow seems to want to keep adding in.

I know that Swype comes with its own, and it also goes through contacts for any conceivable custom word to add to the dictionary, but sometimes a feature can go too far.

My contact card is in my contacts, and it lists me being the 2nd in my name - J. W. S. II (two uppercase i's)

When I try and Swype "I" when starting a sentence, Swype assumes I want to use "Ii" (which I can only gather comes from my contact card). When I choose just "I", Swype tells me about the hidden word - I then delete the "Ii" word, and about an hour later, if I try and Swype "I", it'll pop up and the first word choice will again be "Ii", and I have to "delete" it all over again.

Please, Swype, when I delete a word from the dictionary, no matter where it came from, PLEASE KEEP IT DELETED. I want it deleted for a reason.

Other than that, I really have no issues.

JOe K.
10-25-2010, 7:59 AM
It's ridiculous that this issue has not been addressed. It seems pretty fundamental.

EarlCat
02-24-2011, 7:13 PM
It's ridiculous that this issue has not been addressed. It seems pretty fundamental.

What he said. I've see about a half dozen threads on it. Put deleted words on a black-list so they don't come back.

brian.resnik
02-25-2011, 8:13 AM
This will be fixed in the next update.

THC_Electra
05-21-2011, 1:47 AM
This, amongst the other issues discussed at length on this forum have disrupted a great idea and ground it to a halt. But still, props to Swype for inventing this technology in the first place. But now, let's fix the bugs. When can T-Mobile users with Swype as a Built-In Native App expect a fix? This has gone on for far too long.

Thanks

Mike