PDA

View Full Version : How do you download Swype to phone

singlesusieq1
03-17-2014, 2:18 PM
I purchased Swype on my compared for my cell phone. How do I download it to my phone, with the number they emailed to me.

singlesusieq1
03-17-2014, 2:20 PM
Suppose to be purchased on my computer not compared.

mcarver2000
03-18-2014, 6:00 AM
If it was through the Google Play Store, the phone/tablet must be tied to the same Google account. A number of ways to install: use Play Store app to search for app again; via My Apps - All; or even via web on PC or device if the device is signed into one's Google account.

If through the Amazon AppStore, one needs the their app installed and signed into the Amazon account (purchased apps are installed from My Apps - Cloud).

Jacob.W
03-18-2014, 10:27 AM
Hi singesusieq1,

You can find more complete steps on how to download Swype to your phone at the Google Play help site here: https://support.google.com/googleplay/answer/113410?hl=en&ref_topic=3365058

Thanks!

Golden-Boy
03-19-2014, 2:04 PM
I was using swype the free trial. It ended so I purchased in on Amazon:

Order Summary #D01-0293895-9615011
Items Ordered
Price
Swype Keyboard [Apps for Android]
Sold By: Amazon Digital Services, Inc.

$3.99

Item(s) Subtotal: $3.99
Promotions: -$3.99
----
Total Before Tax: $0.00
Tax Collected: $0.00
----

But now I don't know how to get the Swype to work. Can anyone assist me? Its for my Samsung Galaxy tablet. Thanks.

Jacob.W
03-19-2014, 3:49 PM
Hi Golden-Boy.

It sounds like you've just got to set the full version as your keyboard. You can do this by finding "Swype + Dragon" in your application tray or by the following steps:

1. Enter a text field
2. Pull down your device's notification bar (from top of screen)
3. Select "Choose input method"
4. Select Swype + Dragon

Note: If you don't see "Swype + Dragon" in the list of available options, check your device Language and input settings (Settings > Language and Input ) and make sure that it is enabled.

You're set!
Thanks

Golden-Boy
03-20-2014, 5:20 PM
In Settings I do not see Swype + Dragon. The only thing I see is Swype + Dragon Trial. And when I click it there is no option in it to get to the keyboard. However, your other method to get to the keyboard worked, but again, there was no option for Swype + Dragon. Only options are Samsung and Swype + Dragon Trial.

Golden-Boy
03-21-2014, 10:41 AM
Anyone? Suggestions are welcome. :)

Jacob.W
03-21-2014, 11:32 AM
Alright Golden-Boy,

It sounds like you've made the purchase, but have not yet downloaded Swype. Did you purchase Swype using a web browser or did you use the Amazon Appstore app?

You can find more specific steps for how to install an app from Amazon Appstore at: http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=201111910

If you don't have it yet, you can get the Amazon Appstore app at: http://www.amazon.com/gp/mas/get/android.

Let us know if that helps!
Thanks

Golden-Boy
03-22-2014, 6:53 PM
Well if I didn't download it, how have I been using the free trial for the past month?

Golden-Boy
03-22-2014, 9:01 PM
It turns out you were right. Too bad they never said after I bought it I would need to download the permanent version. Would have saved me some hassle, but thanks for helping me out. I now have Swype + Dragon installed.

FeliciaWhitman
04-12-2016, 1:39 AM
Thanks for the information.