PDA

View Full Version : Add "Disable Custom Dictionary Checkbox" for Our Email and Facebook Contacts

Jennifer
09-27-2010, 5:56 AM
Since the September release, I have to fight with misspelled words and contact names when I am trying to swype an input. For example, I get "jane" when I want to type "have" constantly, and it keeps coming back as the first on the list no matter how many times I have deleted it.

I have even done a fresh install, and I get misspelled words and names right away, so I imagine Swype is harvesting words from my emails or contacts to generate a custom dictionary.

Please, Swype, give us the option to disable this function. It is driving me crazy. Or at least let the logic assume that the custom words that have been gathered should at least show up secondarily to more common words in the default dictionary.

Or at least let me choose when I want to teach Swype the new word rather than remembering everything.

Mr Rough
10-02-2010, 8:56 PM
I agree, an option to disable showing contact details as words would be great.

xgibran
11-29-2010, 9:18 AM
+1 on this. Also an option to disable the extremely annoying popup about selecting a word that was not selected due to a custom word.