PDA

View Full Version : Swype has to be manually turned every time!

Teris10
09-26-2010, 8:21 AM
I just had my ESN rest so that Swype works. But every time I turn off the phone, Swype does not work. I need to switch the Input Method, deselect Swype, then go back into Input Method and select Swype again. Is there a fix for this issue? Thx!

Teris10
09-27-2010, 9:42 AM
Do the mods respond to these posts or do I need to do something else to bring the issue to their attention?

rob.boehm
09-27-2010, 6:00 PM
This is a known caching problem that has been reported several other times in the forum. You can try clearing the cache from Application Data for Swype. There have also been reports that clearing the cache from Dalvik under root permissions can resolve problems like this.

The stickied topic: http://forum.swype.com/showthread.php?993-KNOWN-BETA-for-Android-ISSUES-Please-read-before-posting-(UPDATE-9-23-10) has covered this issue in depth. Please give it a read.

Teris10
09-28-2010, 7:07 AM
This is a known caching problem that has been reported several other times in the forum. You can try clearing the cache from Application Data for Swype. There have also been reports that clearing the cache from Dalvik under root permissions can resolve problems like this.

The stickied topic: http://forum.swype.com/showthread.php?993-KNOWN-BETA-for-Android-ISSUES-Please-read-before-posting-(UPDATE-9-23-10) has covered this issue in depth. Please give it a read.

Thanks, Robert. Cache is not highlighted as a selectable option. Should I try clearing data (which is an option under Settings -> Applications -> Swype -> CLEAR DATA)?

Teris10
09-28-2010, 9:04 AM
Okay, I found what you were showing me. I tried what was posted, but it didn't work. Thanks anyway, Robvert.

rob.boehm
09-28-2010, 4:11 PM
Other than doing another (x_x) full uninstall and reinstall there isn't much that can be done regarding this problem. As the previous linked post explains it's an issue with the installer that's currently being worked on. Most of the install problems can be traced back to the installer getting pushed out of memory at some point during the install.