PDA

View Full Version : automatiic language detection

proell
09-26-2010, 7:10 AM
Hi,

it would be nice if swype would automatically detect the language for the autocorrection or auto word recongnition. The change of Keyboard language layout should be manually and could be somewhere in the menu because it's not often used.

best regards

proell

rolliradi8
09-29-2010, 10:55 AM
Swpe cant know if I will use English German or Danish, but it would be easy to make a custom language selection when more languages gets available. Dont want to scroll through 200 languages (which you of course finally will support ;-))

frankbald
03-06-2011, 10:54 AM
I miss just one thing from the original android keyboard, the possibility to quickly change language (in the android keyboard you have to slide over the space bar to change language) or to integrate multiple language dictionary at the same time. This problem happens a lot cause I'm italian, but I have many english and spanish speaking friends, so it's alway really annoying writing without automatic dictionary, and it's impossible to go to settings and change language everytime for every message. I hope this advice to be useful for you, good future work,

rob.boehm
03-07-2011, 9:24 PM
This functionality is still a part of Swype, but it has been moved to a swype from the swype key to the Q key.

biernico
07-27-2012, 2:02 PM
this feature would be a must . i have my English and portuguese dictionary polluted with words from each other and this damages predictions. switching languages is too hard and inconvenient. this would be great for bilingual person.