PDA

View Full Version : Nexus One 2.2.1 FRG83 - Swype not working

CherrySlurpees
09-23-2010, 7:23 PM
Just got System Update 2.2.1 FRG83 tonight and now Swype Beta is not working on my stock Nexus One. Got the pop-up that said something to the effect that the version of Swype on my phone did not match the phone or something to that effect. I toggled between standard keyboard and Swype and power cycled the phone...Swype is still not working.

Device Make/Model: Nexus One
Wireless Carrier: T-Mobile
Android Version 2.2.1
ROM Version Stock
Are you a ROOT user? No

Please help!

azdavidr
09-24-2010, 8:46 AM
Same problem here. I updated this morning and Swype immediately stopped working. The message I get:

"The Swype package you installed is configured for another device and will operate with limited functionality. Please contact Swype about the issue."

I hit 'OK', and try to use Swype. I see the trailing strokes as I Swype, but after Swype'ing nothing is entered into the field that I'm trying to get text into.

I have come to love and depend on Swype ... please help !!

Thanks!

Device Make/Model: Nexus One
Wireless Carrier: T-Mobile
Android Version 2.2.1
ROM Version Stock
Are you a ROOT user? No

CherrySlurpees
09-24-2010, 9:55 PM
I installed & reinstalled Swype and all is good with the world again.

xemino
09-25-2010, 1:39 AM
i did the uninstall of swype/the installer after the ota update. after the reinstall, swyping didn't work, only typing did.
a second re-install procedure made it work again now :)

Device Make/Model: Nexus One/T-Mobile US version
Wireless Carrier: o2 germany
Android Version 2.2.1
ROM Version Stock
Are you a ROOT user? No

jasonbeckett
09-26-2010, 2:11 PM
"Just got System Update 2.2.1 FRG83 tonight and now Swype Beta is not working on my stock Nexus One. Got the pop-up that said something to the effect that the version of Swype on my phone did not match the phone or something to that effect. I toggled between standard keyboard and Swype and power cycled the phone...Swype is still not working."

Had the same issue initially then I remembered the last update did the same thing to my phone. I uninstalled the Swype Ap (and installer) and then reinstalled it from scratch (following the original link in the email). That took care of it. Swype is back up and running like a champ; and not a moment too soon. I didn't realize how dependant I have become on it. Typing out words feels like I'm a caveman (a little glimps at life Before Swype).

azdavidr
09-27-2010, 8:42 AM
Thanks for all that responded. The uninstall/reinstall worked ! The only issue I had is that in going to the download page from my Nexus one I was getting a blank page, even after clearing cache. Fortunately, I still had the September download on my SD card and reinstalled from there.

Has anyone else had the problem of getting a blank page from the beta download page ?

thanks!

esagastume
09-27-2010, 2:43 PM
Device Make/Model: Nexus One (unlocked from www.google.com/phone)
Wireless Carrier: Tigo Guatemala
Android Version 2.2.1 FRG83
ROM Version Stock
Are you a ROOT user? No

Swype use to work in my phone prior the system update
I have unistall Swype and intaled again Swype
but at the first use, the program said that the version of Swype was for another phone.

:mad:

Rwilson04
09-28-2010, 5:34 AM
Confirming that one reinstall did not fix the issue, but a second reinstall did. Strange

ChahkNoir
10-01-2010, 11:28 AM
Still not working after 3 re-installations and a few reboots.

Device Make/Model: Nexus One (unlocked from www.google.com/phone)
Wireless Carrier: AT&T
Android Version: 2.2.1 FRG83
ROM Version: CyanogenMod 6.0.0
Are you a ROOT user? Yes

rob.boehm
10-05-2010, 6:50 PM
This is a known issue that has been detailed here: http://forum.swype.com/showthread.php?993-KNOWN-BETA-for-Android-ISSUES-Please-read-before-posting-(UPDATE-9-23-10)#FullUninstall

The installer is basically using old cashed data which must be purged before a successful install can be performed. Please follow the instructions to a T. Thanks.

ChahkNoir
10-15-2010, 12:21 PM
Here's the entry from logcat that bothers me:

D/Swype (14430): Swype initialized.
D/Swype (14430): SwypeInputMethod.onDestroy() called
E/Swype (14430): Could not open license from the APK: files/license.dat

This is after a full reinstall.