PDA

View Full Version : Keyboard Won't Swype

sky1193
09-21-2010, 7:20 AM
Just the other day I got a notification that my trial has run out and I need to upgrade? I guess I was supposed to get an email for the upgrade on the Android beta for the keyboard but I don't believe I ever did. Is there a different way to update it outside of that email? Kinda sucks having to just text the normal way because it won't swype. Running on HTC Hero for Sprint.

rob.boehm
09-21-2010, 2:17 PM
You can grab the current installer anytime at beta.swype.com from your android phone. Do a full uninstall as described here: http://forum.swype.com/showthread.php?993-KNOWN-BETA-for-Android-ISSUES-Please-read-before-posting-(UPDATE-9-12-10)#FullUninstall and reinstall.

sky1193
09-22-2010, 3:06 PM
Sweet, that worked wonderfully. Thanks for the help :)

Pitican
10-09-2010, 2:50 PM
i have a problem with swype. This is my problem, i root and change the rom (froyo) when i want to install swype said this:

the swype package you installed is configured for another devide and will operate with limited funtionality. please contact swype about this issue.

I was reading about this in the forum and said something about swapper. I donīt know how use it. Could you help me? thanks! Oh my mobile phone:

Htc Magic
Rom Cyanogen 6.0

Thanks!