PDA

View Full Version : Permanently deleting custom words

ejellard
09-21-2010, 4:16 AM
Hi,

After using and loving swype for the last few months, I have come across something that bugs me...

Someone in my contact list is called "Ertl" and now whenever I try to type "will", it comes out as Ertl! After I delete Ertl from the dictionary, it magically returns later - even though I don't think I've every manually typed it.

Could there be an option to permanently delete a "custom word" so that nothing will ever add it back?

Also, is there a way to see what custom words have been added - they don't appear in the default android custom dictionary. Some words I type are being recognised as words that I've never heard or will ever want to use - i.e. typing "camp" comes back as "camo" - maybe it could learn after seeing what word I pick on the suggestions list.

Thanks,
Ed

talyene
02-16-2011, 8:18 AM
In a similar vein to what Ed is saying above, I'm having trouble deleting custom words like "2moro" or the end part of a postcode.

I tend to switch between writing in SMS shorthand and beautifully constructed pros.

I find that Swype is excellent at the latter and okay with the former (for understandable reasons).

I'd really an option in Swype's setting that gives me access to my custom dictionary so I can edit it as plain text (add new words and amend and delete existing words, import, export, etc.).

This would be much preferable to messing around with rewriting unwanted words in a text field somewhere and then using the Swype key to try and delete them as I don't find it functions consistently or rather it's not clear if it isn't working because the word is part of the inbuilt dictionary or for some other good, but unclear reason.

Cheers,

Tal

rob.boehm
02-17-2011, 10:47 AM
Just wanted to say we agree and are working on it. When there is something more official than that it will be in the news section.