PDA

View Full Version : New Device

Matt Pritchard
09-20-2010, 8:43 PM
I installed Skype on my Droid incredible, but the incredible melted down and I got a replacement. How do I update the device ID record for swype so I can use it on my replacement phone? Thanks for your help!

slainez916
09-27-2010, 6:10 AM
+1
I'm thinking of upgrading from my Eris. Perhaps to the Incredible or the Facinate. Swype is not a problem for the Facinate, but if i choose the DrIncredible will I still be part of the Beta for Swype and will it work without any problems?

rob.boehm
10-04-2010, 6:54 PM
If this is only the second device you've installed it on there is no need to worry. If not post in the following thread with the requested information and we'll fix you up.

http://forum.swype.com/showthread.php?1353-NEW-The-ID-of-the-Phone-doesn-t-match-your-registration
Thanks!

dr3s1011
12-07-2010, 10:25 PM
But what if this my 4th droid in a year? Am I just hosed? I never clicked any reset link on the swype site but it is my 4th device: 1 cracked screen, 1 warranty repair, 1 DOA. It would suck to lose swype just because of some bad luck.

brian.resnik
12-08-2010, 8:27 AM
dr3s1011: We'll take care of you one way or another. Have you tried the reset link? If there's no reset link in your beta account, submit an InfoDesk ticket (link at the top of the forum)