PDA

View Full Version : Change the french keyboard layout

anonymous
03-08-2010, 12:50 PM
First an AZERTY keyboard and in french, we often use this : ' . It should be great if there is a different layout for some language.

spbrereton
03-08-2010, 1:09 PM
I agree. Different languages should have different puntuation hightlighted..

migr1586866
03-08-2010, 1:11 PM
Thanks for your suggestions, we are always taking new ideas into consideration and looking to improve Swype!

migr8778093
03-09-2010, 7:33 AM
Hi, different layout to fit evry country like swiss qwertz for french language would be great

migr10387436
05-16-2010, 6:30 AM
Yes I agree, particularly for a QWERTZ layout for Swiss French people, don't forget us please Swype is too good to be missed.

migr13273657
07-26-2010, 9:45 PM
A french-canadian Qwerty layout would be nice too, I have to use the english one for now, I miss the french dictionnary :(

migr13754247
08-03-2010, 5:03 PM
Please, this is really a turn down for me... :(

jfmorneau
08-24-2010, 8:52 AM
Why not allow two independent settings, One for keyboard layout, one for dictionary?

I will be in heaven when Swype will give me the possibility to use a qwerty keyboard with a french dictionary!

fredkroug
10-30-2010, 1:13 PM
A french-canadian Qwerty layout would be nice too, I have to use the english one for now, I miss the french dictionnary :(

Totaly agree, would love french canadian Qwerty for Froyo

greniesa
11-13-2010, 3:54 AM
Re: Change the french keyboard layout

+1... I totaly want this on my Bell HTC Legend.

anti-pop
11-13-2010, 4:23 AM
Why not allow two independent settings, One for keyboard layout, one for dictionary?

I second that request. Languages and keyboard layouts rarely go hand-in-hand. For example in french, the usual layouts are:

French speaker from France = AZERTY
French speaker from Canada = QWERTY
French speaker from Switzerland = QWERTZ

By tying together french and the AZERTY layout, you basically alienate all the other french speakers. It's true that some difference between keyboard layout are minors (QWERTY-QWERTZ for example) and you can get used to them. But the differences between AZERTY and other layouts are too big of an obstacle. AZERTY layout for non-AZERTY users is a non-starter. The keyboard is basically unusable.

pnoire
11-27-2010, 12:15 AM
I second that request. Languages and keyboard layouts rarely go hand-in-hand. For example in french, the usual layouts are:

French speaker from France = AZERTY
French speaker from Canada = QWERTY
French speaker from Switzerland = QWERTZ

By tying together french and the AZERTY layout, you basically alienate all the other french speakers. It's true that some difference between keyboard layout are minors (QWERTY-QWERTZ for example) and you can get used to them. But the differences between AZERTY and other layouts are too big of an obstacle. AZERTY layout for non-AZERTY users is a non-starter. The keyboard is basically unusable.

Totaly agree
French speaking but from Switzerland, I really don't like AZERTY layout.
It would be great if Swype let people choose the keyboard layout (AZERTY, QWERT> or QWERTZ) they want or prefer. Maybe an option in Settings?

fredfire
12-07-2010, 2:31 PM
Yes please add french and qwerty layout!

mouffy
12-10-2010, 9:34 AM
I'm adding my voice to this request too!

plauriola
12-11-2010, 9:27 AM
I received the beta and as an English/French Canadian I would really love to have a French Qwerty layout.
Other wise the French layout, it's a great product! It would be good if we could also have a vocal input button.
Keep up the good work :)

Marc Lindsay
12-21-2010, 3:26 AM
+1. I totally agree!

gazoutg
02-14-2011, 8:24 AM
+1 I agree, I'd like to have a french-canadian QWERTY keyboard.
Like i saw on an earlyer post, having two separate option to choose language and keyboard layout would be really nice.

HammerHead
03-03-2011, 3:55 AM
+1000 agree,

It would be nice to have a QWERTZ keyboard with the french dictionnary

Aleckxss
03-16-2011, 3:33 PM
I would also like a french dictionnary/QWERTY option.

Kurosan
03-17-2011, 5:31 AM
I'd like to add my vote for that feature. As a Québécois, AZERTY is practically unusable to me.

Rand.oM
04-06-2011, 5:10 PM
I really LOVE swype but it really is a killer not to be able to text my friends in my native language with a proper keyboard layout (french+QWERTY)

If I can't get it working soon I'll have to turn to another alternative that'll let me use a QWERTY layout along with the french dictionary (SlideIT) but I really like the swype interface A LOT better

sigor74
04-17-2011, 5:36 PM
I love Swype. Only the first few hours with swype on my LG Optimus One and it works great... As a french canadian the US english is still very pratical. However for the french language a QWERTY keyboard would benefit many french speaking people. Does anyone know if there is a plan to include a QWERTY french keyboard soon?