PDA

View Full Version : Swype wants me to upgrade

rangerc275
09-18-2010, 7:39 AM
I received Swype with the OTA FroYo 2.2 upgrade on MOTO DROID1. Did not join the Beta or download from somewhere. Now it wants me to upgrade it because the trial period is over. Swype version is 1.56.30.7625. I do not know how to fix this and really do not know what to do. Please help. Thanks

mmeads
09-18-2010, 8:17 AM
Ditto. I get the same message on my N1 running Froyo and the same version (1.56...). Anybody know?

mmeads
09-18-2010, 8:36 AM
n/m I found the e-mail from Swype on how to upgrade to the new version. Everything is fixed now.

peter gallardo
09-19-2010, 7:59 AM
I also had Swype on my HTC Evo and got the same message to upgrade from version 1.56.Now I have to text the old fashioned way not good!!Can any one help me?

megret
09-19-2010, 9:41 AM
I upgraded to the new Swype after getting a post-Froyo email about it. Two days ago it says it's time to upgrade. But to what? I just did the upgrade. I deleted the old version from my phone, so I don't know why it's telling me to upgrade.

I'm running Swype 1.56 on HTC Incredible with Froyo. It's not rooted or anything. Help?

mmeads
09-19-2010, 11:10 AM
Check the e-mail account used for the Swype beta signup. There should be an e-mail from android@betainfo.swype.com. The e-mail is both an announcement of the new version of Swype (2.4.44) and instructions on how to perform the upgrade. You'll have to uninstall the swype program and the swype installer then re-download and install both. The e-mail will give step-by-step directions on how to do that.

rangerc275
09-19-2010, 9:48 PM
Yea, I got that there was an email. I never signed up for the beta. I have no email to go to. I received it on an OTA froyo 2.2 upgrade. I have no email to go back to. Was this just a tease to get me interested or is there something I can do about this. I don't want to sound angry because I am not. I would just like to continue using Swype. I have no idea how to get the next version after 1.56. Thanks

brian.resnik
09-20-2010, 4:40 PM
Hey folks,

Not sure what's going on, but I can tell you this much:
OTA updates come directly from your carrier (hence the term OTA - over the air) and thus require a contract with SwypeInc to include Swype
We have no contracts to provide Swype via OTA updates for the Evo, the Droid1, or the Incredible.
Version 1.56.30.7625 is the previous beta build, and is BETA ONLY. It has never and will never be distributed via OTA updates.
The current BETA version is 2.4.44.10912. If Swype is NOT PreLoaded on your device, and you're running any version other than this, you're using the wrong version. Please uninstall Swype and SwypeInstaller, and delete all copies of Swype-Installer.apk from the "download" directory on your SDcard, then reinstall by requesting a new email from http://beta.swype.com

Maybe you had a friend, or someone in a store run the OTA update for you, and they installed the Swype beta themselves. Maybe you just plain forgot that you registered and installed Swype. Maybe our update email got put in your SPAM folder (it's been known to happen).

Whatever the case, if you don't have an active beta-tester account, you won't be able to download Swype. Try sending yourself a password reminder email from http://beta.swype.com, check your SPAM folder, and if you still haven't gotten an email then sadly you're out of luck. Register at the beta site and we'll let you know when we're bringing in more testers.

rangerc275
09-22-2010, 12:35 PM
OK, not sure how I got it then. Either way I would like to get it back. Hope it gets released soon. It is a very good app. Thanks

carheir
08-23-2011, 9:40 AM
I had Swype installed on my HTC incredible. I say had, because after getting a notification from swype to upgrade to the newest version, I followed the instructions to delete swype then run the installer. I followed the instructions and when I launched the installer, it came back with an error msg. I decided to delete the installer, thinking it was corrupt or something. So, how do I get my swype back?

Missing it,

rob.boehm
08-25-2011, 11:40 AM
I had Swype installed on my HTC incredible. I say had, because after getting a notification from swype to upgrade to the newest version, I followed the instructions to delete swype then run the installer. I followed the instructions and when I launched the installer, it came back with an error msg. I decided to delete the installer, thinking it was corrupt or something. So, how do I get my swype back?

Missing it,Sounds like you're running the old installer. Please uninstall the installer again and download the new installer from http://beta.swype.com/android/get. Install the new installer and follow instructions normally and normal behavior should be restored.

Lankavatara
04-16-2013, 2:27 AM
hello.
i'm using swype 1.4.5.12537 version on HTC One X, suddenly swype installer suggest me to "upgrade" to 1.3.5 version.
how could it be? or i missed something?
can somebody explain me what happend with this uprade?