PDA

View Full Version : Can't Download SWYPE

Indyan
09-17-2010, 8:49 PM
I am a member of the SWYPE closed beta. I downloaded the SWYPE installer using my browser. However, now I am having trouble downloading the actual package. After logging in and initiating the download I get an invalid package error. It seems that the downloader is finicky and can't tackle slow net connections. Even worse, it doesn't support resume. Anyway to get around this process?

piyush316
09-18-2010, 11:46 AM
same here. I cannot download the file. When I try to download the file the download says "waiting for data connection" and hangs. I am sure there is a wifi connection working which other apps are being able to use. I think the problem is with my phone. The last time you guys were kind enought to email the installer as a file to me. Is it possible to do that again?

legend320
09-18-2010, 5:27 PM
I can download it, but it's not the whole file. The whole .apk file should be about 48.5kb but the file i download is only about 5kb in size. I had the same problem last time and admin was kind enough to send it to me.

Indyan
09-18-2010, 10:09 PM
I can download it, but it's not the whole file. The whole .apk file should be about 48.5kb but the file i download is only about 5kb in size. I had the same problem last time and admin was kind enough to send it to me.
Interesting. So you are having trouble downloading the installer itself. I got through that portion, and logged in successfully. It's the download of the actual app that I get stuck at.
Anyways, I am using Shapewriter for now. I guess I might have to buy that as it seems that getting support at the official swype forums is impossible.

magicldave
09-21-2010, 7:00 PM
I also can't get the installer to download the full app even though i can log in successfully. Is there any way to get the actual APK...im dying without my swype :(

morrelbl
12-10-2010, 9:34 AM
I have heard all good things about Swype so I wanted it and registered for the Beta version.

I have a Samsung Intercept (which may be the issue...)
I just tried to download it many times and I get past the install and the login but when I click to download it I get the following message: "Swype Installation Failed. Download of the package failed."

Anyone have suggestions on to fix this or download it a different way?

Thank you!

DonCorneo
12-10-2010, 9:44 AM
Most times you get this error because your over-the-air connection is weak and/or slow. It is recommended to download Swype over WiFi, and make sure not to use your phone for anything until it has fully downloaded.
The APK is available in a zip file found in a "Sticky" at the top of the "Troubleshooting" page under "The Swype Installer APK".