PDA

View Full Version : backup dictionary

xunknownx
09-16-2010, 5:01 PM
swype is awesome but what really annoys me and is possibly a deal breaker is not being able to back up your dictionary. everytime a new version comes out, we need to uninstall the old version and then install the new version, which wipes out the dictionary. and i have to start from scratch again, which sucks! i used to use mybackup pro to backup the data but i just now realize that it doesnt work when upgrading to a newer version. also its great for when people wipe/flash their phones, we can have our dictionary back.

crypticmind
09-22-2010, 8:35 AM
+1

I also want to be able to backup the dictionary.
I speak rioplatense spanish and thus I need to add a lot of words to the dictionary (podés, tenés, querés, etc.)

BTW: I would be nice to open the addition of new languages to the community.

xemino
09-29-2010, 5:44 AM
this would be very welcome. it's such a shame that we gotta start all over again, after an update :(

Michael Bladowski
10-04-2010, 7:02 AM
+1

yes please!!!!!

spbrereton
10-06-2010, 10:20 AM
swype is awesome but what really annoys me and is possibly a deal breaker is not being able to back up your dictionary. everytime a new version comes out, we need to uninstall the old version and then install the new version, which wipes out the dictionary. and i have to start from scratch again, which sucks! i used to use mybackup pro to backup the data but i just now realize that it doesnt work when upgrading to a newer version. also its great for when people wipe/flash their phones, we can have our dictionary back.

This is a request from the original beta. I remember a post from Brian as to why it wasn't possible (it's to do with the need to use an installer). I believe it's on the to-do list, but who knows when we'll see it..

nathanieltan
10-09-2010, 7:56 PM
Agree!

a) Yet another way you can immediately switch between android devices - always a cool thing

b) To survive Swype updates.

Very impt, please help :) Thanks

dgrbovic
09-07-2011, 10:08 AM
+1
on both the updates and switching android devices! Dictionary management in the latest version is one positive step toward this