PDA

View Full Version : Text shortcuts

Moritz U.
09-16-2010, 12:07 PM
It would be cool if you could define text-replacements which get expanded when you swype a specific path.

For example:

yys -> yours sincerely
or
mymail -> my-mail@foobar.com

Storminone
12-17-2010, 7:49 PM
Even faster...I would prefer to be able to pre-assign/program/customize keys that would then input a frequently used string of characters, i.e. email address(es), family member names, emoticons, etc. with a long press of one key. I now use Swype on my Samsung Captivate, but previously used it on a Windows Mobile phone. I also used FingerKeyboard2 on my Windows phone. Not only does FK2 offer long-touch emoticons on the main keyboard, but it also allows you to reprogram those long-touches to ANYTHING you want. So if I want a long-A to type my AOL email address, I just hold down the "A" key and it automatically inputs that email address...or whatever string of characters I've assigned to that function. Long-V could be "Very truly yours", etc...

mpkeith29
02-03-2011, 9:48 PM
Yes!!! I agree fully. I use text shortcuts with my other keyboard program and I miss having that feature. Letter combinations would be great.

LadyAngler
02-06-2011, 8:32 PM
+1 for shortcuts. I would love to see that for swype. ;)

rob.boehm
02-06-2011, 9:19 PM
Shortcuts or Aliases are features that have been discussed, but to give you an idea we have other features like dictionary management that are much higher on our plate if things to get done.

So I guess I'm saying to expect these features eventually, but I wouldn't expect them for a few patches.

LadyAngler
02-07-2011, 2:21 PM
Shortcuts or Aliases are features that have been discussed, but to give you an idea we have other features like dictionary management that are much higher on our plate if things to get done.

So I guess I'm saying to expect these features eventually, but I wouldn't expect them for a few patches.

Well is nice to know that will be added at some point. Making swype even faster! :-)