PDA

View Full Version : Custom Dictionary not working in september release, Overall accuracy down 2-3x

eak125
09-16-2010, 12:43 AM
It seems the custom dictionary has been fubar'd in the latest build. With the previous build I'd just tap something in, I'd get a pause and then i could swype that word. Now no matter how many times i tap, nothing gets added.
Example: I want FML as a word that i can type because i use that in texts. I tap FML and i get no pause showing it's been saved. so i then select FML (and i've done this multiple times) hit the sype key and every time it tells me that "fml" has been added to my custom dictionary. I then try to swype fml and get something else.
I've changed my settings to full accuracy, nothing.

Annoying thing is that this worked just fine on the previous build so is there any way I can roll back?!? Because this broken crap doesn't cut it for me...

With one update, the overall usefulness of the keyboard has fallen 50% because the accuracy of the swypes has decreased as well... I am having to re-swipe 2-3x more than with the previous build... And that's with the quote "accuracy" slider 100%...

Nexus One Vanilla 2.2 no root FRF91

eak125
09-16-2010, 12:46 AM
For the record, uninstalled swype, rebooted, closed all running tasks reinstalled blah blah blah...

eak125
09-16-2010, 5:16 AM
Update:
Swype automatically learning my new words like it used to: borked
Swype learning words through double tap and Swype button: borked (even though it tells me it learned my new word)
Turning on word prediction> typing in new word> tapping it once it turns blue in the pick menu: actually learns it! ::Shock::

MrObvious
09-18-2010, 11:42 AM
I'm rooted on my Eris and deleting my Delvik cache did it for me.