PDA

View Full Version : Add option to display 0-9 row on top of keyboard at all times.

oodlexaps
12-11-2010, 7:43 AM
I know it's not necessarily a small feature, but having a separate row for number keys would be great for some of us.

(I am so thrilled to be using Swype again!)

We know that number input on the primary keyboard could be improved and we are looking into ways to do this. We have this logged as a recommended feature request, but it is not tied to a specific release or timeline.

-Swype Community Management

Haywood
12-14-2010, 3:14 PM
It doesn't have to be a separate row, but I find the layout of the number keys on the main keyboard to be awkward and best and annoying at worst. I would much prefer to have the number keys available across the top row of keys rather than the numpad style layout in the middle of the keyboard... that is just not where a touch typist expects to find the numbers (or at least this touch typist).

orismology
12-24-2010, 12:04 PM
Agreed. I hate the stupid number layout. I'm desperately looking for a swype alternative because of this.

danchowdhury
01-04-2011, 7:49 AM
It's annoying because if you ever see Swype's number input window, it's really really nice.

You can see it if you go to Settings -> Date and Time -> Set Time.

Hit one of the number input windows, and you'll see the number only. There should be a way to toggle to this menu from the swype keyboard.

belomeclone
01-04-2011, 6:27 PM
Number Bars are awful. No one should be asking for them. There are ineffective, inefficient, and unnatural, especially for a phone keyboard. When you type in a phone number, you need a 123, 456, 789, 0 layout. And this is a phone.

My advice? Get used to it.

oodlexaps
01-04-2011, 7:32 PM
Number Bars are awful. No one should be asking for them. ... And this is a phone.

That logic would have us getting rid of qwerty keyboards. Phones don't have qwerty keyboards.

belomeclone
01-04-2011, 8:52 PM
That logic would have us getting rid of qwerty keyboards. Phones don't have qwerty keyboards.

How does that logic get rid of QWERTY keyboards? They're QWERTY keyboards, not 123456 keyboards. To type on a phone, you want a QWERTY keyboard. To enter numbers on a phone, you want a traditional phone layout.

Kermit Woodall
08-30-2011, 1:03 PM
Number Bars are awful. No one should be asking for them. There are ineffective, inefficient, and unnatural, especially for a phone keyboard. When you type in a phone number, you need a 123, 456, 789, 0 layout. And this is a phone.

Really? Because I'm using a Galaxy Tab which comes with Swype pre-installed and a number row would be perfect for this device - which is a tablet. Not a phone. :)

Kermit Woodall
http://kermitwoodall.com

ranova
10-24-2011, 4:33 AM
This may not be feasible on lower res screens, but for those with either qHD+ resolution or a lower density setting set; can you add an option to add a 5th row for numbers?

Long-pressing for numbers or pressing Sym (or Sym to 5) works, but its not as efficient and quick as I want it to be.

Sometimes
11-01-2012, 7:42 AM
This would be great. I would love a dedicated number row.

Allen SGS2
11-06-2012, 1:06 PM
This would be great

Meetloaf13
01-04-2013, 9:14 AM
Would LOVE to have a number row (5th row) on the top of the keyboard. With more and more large devices becoming the norm, this would be SO useful.

You could just ignore the number row for "swype" prediction.

Jacob.W
01-04-2013, 10:14 AM
Great idea!

Thanks for the suggestion!

PhilDX
01-05-2013, 9:50 AM
maybe a number row that can be swyped to toggle it to arrow keys? lack of arrow keys on the main keyboard is the only thing keeping me from using swype as my daily driver...

ola8888
01-12-2013, 6:49 AM
Many people have large screen nowadays on their mobile ... 4.5 inch or wider

It's a real pain to enter numbers on mobile keyboards, even with Swype

Please add an option fopr a 5th raw for numbers (digits)

handled_badly
01-12-2013, 9:21 PM
Swype to 5, or long pressing the Symbols key, should bring it up.

Sent from my HTC One V using Tapatalk 2

lukesky
01-18-2013, 4:35 PM
+ 1 for this.. would be useful to have another row of digits.

lazynok
01-23-2013, 8:54 AM
I registered for this forum to post this very thing. At least make the word bar at the top turn into dedicated numbers when it is not needed (a blank bar is a waste!)

Love that feature of the galaxy note keyboard. But prefer using swype over that keyboard... that one reason isn't enough to not use swype ;D

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

newbomb
02-09-2013, 7:06 AM
I'm using the samsung kb becasue they have the numbers row. I much prefer SWYPE but I use the numbers too much. I'd love this option as well.

bigbrotherbear
02-11-2013, 5:38 PM
With the trend of phone sizes getting bigger and bigger, I think there should be an option to have a dedicated number row.

lukesky
02-15-2013, 4:37 PM
+1 to this. The reason I'm not using Swype is because it doesn't have the extra row of digits and the arrows at the bottom like Kii. I know you can swype these things out but it's still an extra and unnecessary step

ithehappy
02-18-2013, 8:23 AM
Yeah, I'd also love to see this added.
+1

'Swyped' from my GT-N7100

tomatocafe
02-21-2013, 5:49 PM
+ 1, I also want to have a single hand option (small keyboard) on a 5.3 inch Note2.

bigbrotherbear
02-23-2013, 10:43 PM
+1 for this too.
I have a galaxy note 2 and screen real estate is at an abundance for me.

adlerrot
03-31-2013, 6:47 AM
I second the request for a number row like the Samsung keyboard on the Note 2. It could be optional for those that have a small screen. looks like this request has been around for quite some times

Would LOVE to have a number row (5th row) on the top of the keyboard. With more and more large devices becoming the norm, this would be SO useful.

You could just ignore the number row for "swype" prediction.

adlerrot
03-31-2013, 6:52 AM
What you say maybe true for telephone numbers. But I find most of my input is mixed. Like an adress or password. For that a number row would be very useful.
How does that logic get rid of QWERTY keyboards? They're QWERTY keyboards, not 123456 keyboards. To type on a phone, you want a QWERTY keyboard. To enter numbers on a phone, you want a traditional phone layout.

adlerrot
03-31-2013, 6:54 AM
What you say maybe true for telephone numbers. But I find most of my input is mixed. Like an address or password. For that a number row would be very useful

Guym142
05-30-2013, 1:39 AM
I've just bought the Galaxy S4 and it has Samsung keyboard by default,
I used it for some time and got used to it and now I'm trying Swype.

Swype is awesome and has more features and it was definitely a smart purchase ;)

One feature that Samsung has and Swype lacks is the numbers row above the keyboard
As you can see in the following picture:
http://www.technobuffalo.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/Samsung-Galaxy-S4-Keyboard.jpg

If the screen is big enough (5" is pretty big!) the numbers row can fit easily and can make a better user experience!
Is there an option right now to add it?
If not please consider it, Thx ! :)

gunslingerfry
06-06-2013, 3:05 PM
Sure would love it myself! Those S4 numbers are pretty spiffy.

mcarver2000
06-06-2013, 5:35 PM
If they add another row, please let us resize the keyboard. On my tablet, in landscape, it already takes up 1/2 the screen. I don't need to lose more screen.

elzafir
06-15-2013, 6:55 AM
I second this suggestion!
I have the Nexus 4 with 4.7" screen.
I badly need the number row.
This need to happen NOW.
PLEAAAAAAAASEEE.

Registered just for replying to this thread.

Psychlone
06-18-2013, 8:25 AM
I THIRD this suggestion.

After going through many devices since Swype was first released as beta, and absolutely loving what Swype does as compared to the others that are like it, it's important to me to keep using this great program.

The default "swype-like" program on the new Galaxy S4 (Samsung Keyboard w/ swiftkey flow) is really good, but lacks some of the functionality that Swype has always offered.
BUT, that being said, the 4th row number keys and the space between the keys themselves on the swiftkey flow Samsung keyboard is actually better.

I have a hard time using it (Samsung's version) because I'm so used to Swype and it's features, but that 4th row numbers has shown me that it's not only possible (especially on the larger devices), but it's almost something that I can't believe I was living without.

Any Swype Dev that has an S4 will understand what I mean - check the default Samsung keyboard with swiftkey flow enabled... the spaces between the keys makes it look really clean and it's harder to accidentally mash a wrong letter, but that 4th row for numbers is incredibly useful and quicker to use than the long-press that we're all used to.

PLEASE, it's been 6 months since this thread brought up the idea - PLEASE PLEASE implement this feature!

markwms
07-07-2013, 6:23 PM
My wife's new Samsung Galaxy S4 doesn't use Swype, but the keyboard has a nice feature of always showing the numeric keys at the top of the keyboard.

I realize not everyone would want this, but it would be great if there was an option to enable this behavior in Swype.

alterschwede
07-23-2013, 6:52 AM
An option for showing numbers allways on top of keyboard would be awesome (instead of predictions for example).
This really is a massive gain for large devices (note 2 keyboard has this by default)

PhilDX
07-23-2013, 6:34 PM
and it would be even cooler if you could toggle this top row between displaying number keys and arrow keys

Junglist
07-24-2013, 12:21 AM
vote for the row!

benheschen
07-24-2013, 12:09 PM
I need a keyboard layout with the numbers along the top so I don't have to keep asking for the numbers layout. I use numbers a lot and its a pain to always have to switch back and forth. Ben Heschen

jarayn
07-26-2013, 1:18 AM
I vote a big NO for the extra row. Unless its a toggle in which case I dont care.

Its not the worst thing in the world but its right up there with the worst things for my keyboard.

If you are constantly typing numbers the undisputed efficiency of a numberpad layout for fast numeric entry is only a fraction of a second swipe away. If you are entering more than a couple of numbers then the "pain" of having to move your finger 3cm will quickly be alleviated by the speed of entry.

For one or two numbers every now and then the secondary symbols are ok for any more you just go for the number layout.

I certainly dont want an ugly extra sitting there the whole time for an occasional 1 or two number clicks

startsomething
08-20-2013, 3:42 PM
and it would be even cooler if you could toggle this top row between displaying number keys and arrow keys

I registered on here just to second the idea above. If you're going to make a 0-9 number row above the QWERTY row (a MUST), it definitely should be able to toggle an arrow row in its place. Instead of a button I think a simple left/right swipe gesture on a number to toggle arrows would work easier.

Alternately you could just add arrow buttons after the 9 key and eliminate an extra step altogether.

Also agree that the number row should be optional. But it being merely a matter of milliseconds to longpress or switch to numbers being "sufficient enough" is just as much opinion as everything else in this thread.

kwankl
08-20-2013, 7:47 PM
I would like the numeric key can be activated by gesture up the q for 1, w for 2...etc

mcarver2000
08-21-2013, 6:33 AM
Designing a number row or special gesture features will take Nuance ages to accomplish. And that is after they decide whether to even do it or not.

In the meantime, let the user specify the time between a long-press and the time the number (and other alternate characters) is shifted to. One could hope this feature can make it through their pipeline quicker. But, we are still waiting for this feature request to materialize as well.

Jacob.W
08-21-2013, 9:31 AM
We have this feature request logged as a suggested improvement and it is currently under review.

The long-press delay feature you mention has been a major request for a while and it will be implemented in a future version (see the original thread here: http://forum.swype.com/showthread.php?4905-Option-to-change-Long-Press-duration).

Thanks

siropchik
08-23-2013, 3:01 AM
Author rights issues. Very often need to enter complex passwords or any nicks or mail. Each time the switch at the numbers or clamping keys - awkward!

You need to add such a feature in the future!

goodry
10-17-2013, 11:34 AM
Two things that i think would make this already awesome keyboard even better...

#1 - Editable keyboard .. Maybe you're an accountant .. who uses the % key more often than the & key ..... being able to assign a different character to a long press ... or even the . and , keys, would be a great benefit.

#2 - I think this one is more usable across all platforms .... adding the full row of #'s 1-9,0 across the top of the qwertyuiop key's .. would be great. In the world of ever increasing phones, (Note, G2, even GS4) .. there is a lot more screen real estate to work with. This could even be an option .. not a permanent thing .. that you could turn it on (maybe even assign characters at the top instead of t he #'s if you use them more, incorporating the first suggestion) .. This has a huge benefit I believe.
The LG G2's stock keyboard does this.... the scenario is pretty basic .. if you want to type out something alphanumeric .. such as like a WPA password .. you have to swype to 5 .. type your # .. OR long press a key .. then go to the next letters or #'s ..... it doesn't seem like a big deal, but if you're typing out a 50 character password .. or just in general typing and have to use the numbers often, this could be a huge benefit.

The file size (both mb size and dimension limits) are crazy ... so here is the URL to the image.

http://cdn.arstechnica.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/IMG_6833-980x653.jpg

Thanks for your consideration!

goodry
10-18-2013, 4:15 AM
Two things that i think would make this already awesome keyboard even better...

#1 - Editable keyboard .. Maybe you're an accountant .. who uses the % key more often than the & key ..... being able to assign a different character to a long press ... or even the . and , keys, would be a great benefit.

#2 - I think this one is more usable across all platforms .... adding the full row of #'s 1-9,0 across the top of the qwertyuiop key's .. would be great. In the world of ever increasing phones, (Note, G2, even GS4) .. there is a lot more screen real estate to work with. This could even be an option .. not a permanent thing .. that you could turn it on (maybe even assign characters at the top instead of t he #'s if you use them more, incorporating the first suggestion) .. This has a huge benefit I believe.
The LG G2's stock keyboard does this.... the scenario is pretty basic .. if you want to type out something alphanumeric .. such as like a WPA password .. you have to swype to 5 .. type your # .. OR long press a key .. then go to the next letters or #'s ..... it doesn't seem like a big deal, but if you're typing out a 50 character password .. or just in general typing and have to use the numbers often, this could be a huge benefit.

The file size (both mb size and dimension limits) are crazy ... so here is the URL to the image.

http://cdn.arstechnica.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/IMG_6833-980x653.jpg

Thanks for your consideration!

This request has nothing to do with putting arrows on the keyboard ..... It has to do with re-assigning existing keys .. and adding a row of #'s on top of the existing keyboard .... these two items dont seem to have anything to do with putting arrows on a keyboard.

Jacob.W
10-18-2013, 12:18 PM
Hey Goodry,

1.) Interesting idea. It would be great to have either a dynamically changing set of characters based on use or a configurable set of characters. Still, plenty of challenges to seeing something like this implemented.

2.) Absolutely understandable. This is a pretty common request. We know that number input can be a little difficult at times and are considering ways to improve that.

Thanks for your feedback

Note: Looks like this got moved to the wrong place! Sorry Goodry!

wrybread
10-19-2013, 5:01 PM
maybe a number row that can be swyped to toggle it to arrow keys? lack of arrow keys on the main keyboard is the only thing keeping me from using swype as my daily driver...

If you're going to make a 0-9 number row above the QWERTY row (a MUST), it definitely should be able to toggle an arrow row in its place. Instead of a button I think a simple left/right swipe gesture on a number to toggle arrows would work easier.

Alternately you could just add arrow buttons after the 9 key and eliminate an extra step altogether.

There is already the option of adding an arrow key row to the top of the keyboard. Go to Settings, then Preferences, then check the box for Show Arrow Keys.

wrybread
10-19-2013, 5:16 PM
Hmmm.... I just realized that I have Version 3.26. Do the later versions not have the Show Arrow Keys option?

mcarver2000
10-20-2013, 7:02 AM
Are you not confusing this option with Swiftkey? My Swype 3.26.92.38922 does not have this option.

There is already the option of adding an arrow key row to the top of the keyboard. Go to Settings, then Preferences, then check the box for Show Arrow Keys.

Hmmm.... I just realized that I have Version 3.26. Do the later versions not have the Show Arrow Keys option?

forums
10-20-2013, 11:40 AM
It seems like a number of people come onto the Swype forums talking about SwiftKey, thinking they are talking about Swype. Some come back and admit it, some just disappear, lol!

indolent
11-06-2013, 9:54 AM
Bump.

They just added the ability to change the keyboard height. Now, even adding a 5th row with the 80% height keyboard wouldn't even take up anymore screen space than the standard height 4 row keyboard. Hoping they add this option soon.

forums
11-06-2013, 3:53 PM
I agree that a 5th row for numbers would be a welcome additional OPTION.

SuperStar
11-20-2013, 4:54 PM
I got a note 2 and I think the originally Samsung keyboard is amazing due to it comes with the number list above which is very useful.
This is also the reason that I am hesitating to buy SWYPE and install in all of my devices.
It would be a good option for SWYPE to have a different theme is to have a number list attached, so far there has no keyboard like Samsung keyboard.
This would be a good opportunity for SWYPE to expend your market as well.

thanks,

Ed

Jacob.W
11-21-2013, 11:23 AM
Hi Ed,

This is a good idea. We know that number input on the primary keyboard could be improved and we are looking into ways to do this.

I've gone ahead and merged this post with a major thread on this request.

Thanks!

adam97202
11-21-2013, 11:20 PM
Here's a thought: when you're typing numbers, there's a good chance you DON'T need the text prediction feature. So it should be easy, design-wise, to display the numbers above the normal keyboard temporarily (maybe using something like the "swipe to T/5" gesture), while suppressing the suggestions bar. That way, you won't lose any screen real estate.

(The only question, then, is how to get rid of the numbers and go back to suggestion mode. Maybe the space bar should do it? Maybe a little "x" icon next to the numbers?)

http://img202.imageshack.us/img202/2919/2eao.jpg

smg777
12-24-2013, 1:33 AM
Another vote for this (a dedicated number row). With an easy way to toggle it on/off.

Note that the big-number-pad layout (swype-5) doesn't help much in cases where I'm typing both numbers and letters, which can come up often when I'm typing a password. Switching between the number-only and letter-only layouts multiple times per word is not a good solution.

AtlantaCust
12-24-2013, 10:27 AM
Many people have large screen nowadays on their mobile ... 4.5 inch or wider

It's a real pain to enter numbers on mobile keyboards, even with Swype

Please add an option fopr a 5th raw for numbers (digits)

+1. I just upgraded to a Galaxy S4 which comes with the "Samsung keyboard" which appears to be based on SwiftKey. It has a number row. Overall their keyboard just can't compare to the ease of use and power of Swype but the number row is very nice. Swype needs to offer a number row as a configurable option. While they're at it, I wish they'd also let me configure the color of the shift values as I can barely see most of them in the supplied themes. I need more contrast on those things.

AtlantaCust
12-24-2013, 10:47 AM

Are you Jackie Chiles? ;)

http://cdn3.whatculture.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/jackie.jpg

Jinded
12-26-2013, 12:01 PM
+1. Yeah I have a Galaxy Note 3 and Galaxy S3 and would prefer a dedicated numbers row on both phones.

Jacob.W
12-26-2013, 12:26 PM
Hello recent posters!

I've merged the thread you were commenting on with a larger thread of the same topic. See the above discussion for more information!

Thanks!

Abu-Khulzat
12-26-2013, 7:06 PM
+1. Yeah I have a Galaxy Note 3 and Galaxy S3 and would prefer a dedicated numbers row on both phones.

+1
I am longing for the dedicated number row too on Note 3

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

gabim11
12-27-2013, 6:35 AM
+1
I think it's one of the most important things that needs to be added.
One of the biggest competitors are already working on it...

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Rv5750
12-29-2013, 4:21 AM
+1
Please add the number row feature.

jarayn
01-03-2014, 1:23 AM
Why isnt this added yet as an option?

There is a way to manually mod it yourself to show this*. If random users on the forums can do it I dont see why the actual devs cant.

* Its a bit hard to do for the average user I think which is why it needs to be properly added.

skinblues
01-11-2014, 12:32 PM
Using Swype on a Note 3 and it's a bit ridiculous that there's no option for a 5 row keyboard with a number row. Might have to go back to the Samsung keyboard unfortunately. I guess since they already got my money they don't really care about adding features. Maybe they'll release it in a new "tablet" app and expect people to shell out more money for it.

Insurgent
01-11-2014, 9:06 PM
I too would like a number row. The fact that your recent update included the ability to resize the keyboard can make it useful for different kinds of phones to fit to the users liking and being able to toggle on and off the number row in the settings will make it greatly accessible for those who choose to use it or not. I love Swypes recognition over my notes Samsung keyboard and seeing as how I change roms usually on a monthly basis I have to use the Samsung keyboard to do my initial login info and really really like the added speed/efficiency the number row adds. Isn't Swype all about speed/efficiency?

PhilDX
01-17-2014, 8:44 PM
what would you guys think about a top number row with left and right arrow keys too? like this mock up:
http://i892.photobucket.com/albums/ac122/phildphotobucket/Screenshot_2014-01-17-20-53-32_zps5a498e5a.png (http://s892.photobucket.com/user/phildphotobucket/media/Screenshot_2014-01-17-20-53-32_zps5a498e5a.png.html)

questions
01-20-2014, 9:45 AM
An optional number row would be a nice swap out for the word suggestions, since the black bar behind it is there either way, so the space is taken.

flooney
01-20-2014, 11:08 AM
what would you guys think about a top number row with left and right arrow keys too? like this mock up:
http://i892.photobucket.com/albums/ac122/phildphotobucket/Screenshot_2014-01-17-20-53-32_zps5a498e5a.png (http://s892.photobucket.com/user/phildphotobucket/media/Screenshot_2014-01-17-20-53-32_zps5a498e5a.png.html)

+1 I would like it.

Gesendet von meinem LG-E986 mit Tapatalk

jarayn
01-29-2014, 3:08 AM

That looks pretty cool actually.

Now build it!

;)

Rv5750
01-29-2014, 8:57 AM

+1

Swyped from my HTC Sensation using Tapatalk

Jacob.W
01-30-2014, 1:31 PM

Nice! You get two for one there! Numbers and optional cursor arrows (http://forum.swype.com/showthread.php?67-Option-to-have-arrows-in-keyboard).

PhilDX
01-30-2014, 4:36 PM
Nice! You get two for one there! Numbers and optional cursor arrows (http://forum.swype.com/showthread.php?67-Option-to-have-arrows-in-keyboard).

I'm glad you like it, thanks. the thread you linked goes back a ways, I'm pretty sure even I posted in there a few years ago asking for arrow keys on the main keyboard. I like the option below better though - it's actually very practical and easy to use, I think you should implement it in a future update. please :-)

http://i892.photobucket.com/albums/ac122/phildphotobucket/Screenshot_2014-01-30-20-29-10_zpsudvpynzr.png (http://s892.photobucket.com/user/phildphotobucket/media/Screenshot_2014-01-30-20-29-10_zpsudvpynzr.png.html)

daytonahkk
02-03-2014, 1:59 PM
I would like a new layout with number row. PLS ADD IT

fallacies
02-03-2014, 2:50 PM

YESSSSSS! must have. When will this be available? looks like this thread was started in 2010, and it's 2014!!!!
I must have for Note 3.... I am using Samsung's because of it right now, but Samsung doesn't freaking learn new words... short-term memory... and my Stock Swype doesn't have Emojis :(

but i'd give up emojis for the < 1234567890 >
anyday! release it!

or please guide me into which beta i may find it. thanks.

================================================== ====

edit: o wait.!. one addition, that no1 has added yet. long-press on Numbers, to get symbols as if it were a keyboard: !@#$%^&*(). That should solve some spacing issues, especially trying to find the % symbol which is alllllll the way in the 2nd page of the Symbols section...

Jacob.W
02-04-2014, 1:02 PM
@PhilDX

Thanks for posting another mock-up, it would be nice to have the cursor arrows next to each other on such a number row.

@fallacies Yes, you're right, this thread has been around for a while! Definitely one of the longest-running user requests around!

By the way, you can long press on "C" to get a % sign!

Thanks for the continued feedback all!

pekuhn
02-11-2014, 4:02 AM
+1 from me

I'm waiting for this for so long. Please add it.

@fallacies: Arrow keys there would be great also.

lcasarin
02-13-2014, 12:43 PM
4 years and still not an option? really?

i like swipe but having to change screens to type a number defeats the "fast typing" thing it sells

typing a password is nearly imposible

when? when?

lcasarin
02-13-2014, 12:50 PM
one addition, that no1 has added yet. long-press on Numbers, to get symbols as if it were a keyboard: !@#$%^&*(). That should solve some spacing issues, especially trying to find the % symbol which is alllllll the way in the 2nd page of the Symbols section...
+100000000000000000000000

gulash
02-19-2014, 3:37 AM
yes, i agree. i registered on forum only for this (and to ask for google voice instead dragon voice imput).
we want the numbers!)

flooney
02-19-2014, 3:59 AM
+1 from me also. Row-Number would be awesome.

Gesendet von meinem LG-E986 mit Tapatalk

pekuhn
02-19-2014, 8:18 AM
+1 again from me

emiliodeme
02-19-2014, 5:58 PM
+1!

This would be awesome for large smartphones and tablets!

And the biggest competitor has it and emoji on beta...

potato
02-19-2014, 9:30 PM
I just got the Galaxy note 3 and its native Samsung keyboard does a better job of using all that extra screen real estate than Swype does - primarily because it includes a number row.

Are there plans to add another keyboard layout to take advantage of phablet size screens - most easily achieved by adding a number row?

Trek7553
02-20-2014, 10:28 AM
I'm using the LG G2. I like Swype better than the stock keyboard, but the addition of the number row on the stock keyboard makes it a toss up for which one I use. If Swype adds this feature it will be the clear winner.

+1

martinsa
03-05-2014, 10:08 AM
Please add a 5th number row. It is killing me not having it as I do with the stock keyboard on my Galaxy Note 3.

marcgutt
03-09-2014, 9:42 AM
+1 from me

a2thec
03-19-2014, 5:53 PM
1+ There should be an option to enable it for those who want it, I've seen this utilized in other keyboard apps.

Stratoblu
03-23-2014, 1:42 AM
In devices from 5 "and over is non-invasive and is very practical ! :)

ndimuzio
04-03-2014, 5:56 AM
+1 for me as well. Please add a row or at least option for a row with numbers.

Stoempertje
04-17-2014, 12:11 AM
+1 as Swype is not really useful for me without it (on a bigger phone/phablet)

wilsondavila
05-10-2014, 4:52 AM
I got the note 3 and love swype, but have to admit I will go back to Samsung keyboard because of the lack of number row on top :(

noppolo
05-20-2014, 6:14 AM
+1 for the numbers row on top with the enable/disable option.

RhysGoodwin
05-21-2014, 2:25 AM
Another vote for this feature. Secure passwords are very annoying. I have a Galaxy note 3 which is practically a tablet.
Please at least provide an update.

Enterprise
05-29-2014, 3:06 PM
Hello, not if I Ref understand and I do not speak English, I wanted to know if the option to add a row of numeric keypad as an option to choose from on the menu is contemplated, I find it uncomfortable to hold to add a number or have I go to the numbers and letters then again, I think the best option would be to put the row number and who wants to put them.

HeavySnarker
06-02-2014, 10:44 AM
I love Swype, but this is my #1 gripe about it. Can you please add it as an option.

There are 10 pages of users commenting on this thread. Please make it happen.

brushy1
06-03-2014, 6:26 PM
I have a Note 2 and love having the row of numbers at the top. I also have a GS3 and a Nexus 7and miss those numbers on those devices. I tried ai.type but that so is horrible. I really would love to see this feature in Swype.

Igorian
06-06-2014, 9:24 AM
Hi, I'm noticing many other people wanting the dedicated number row, and it's been going on for a couple years now. Is Nuance ignoring peoples requests? While I didn't read all pages, I did not see any response on the ones I did read. I did notice on another forum that "current UX opinion on an additional number row that it really kills the remaining real-estate". We're not asking for Nuance to make it a default, but perhaps an option for those who want it, and have the 'real-estate' available for it. Couldn't it be available in the form of a theme or something? Seems like a no brainer to me. There is an individual with a rooted device who has hacked his Swype keyboard and added his own number row. I'd rather see Nuance officially add support for the feature as an option though.

Another option, how about reducing the minimum delay on long press so we could use the layout as it stands without such huge delay. 100ms seems fair, right now it's 250ms. It is funny that in this world a massive quarter second is just too slow for us, lol.

Thanks, and Cheers!

Jacob.W
06-10-2014, 12:56 PM
Hi Igorian,

My replies must've just gotten lost in this large thread. We know that number input can be improved and we're looking for ways to do that. One possibility would be to add a number row, as detailed in this thread.

Great quote you've found there. This is definitely the challenge with adding an additional row above the keyboard. While larger phones are becoming more and more popular, it's still a significant issue. If such a feature were to be implemented in Swype, it would likely be a user-option that is off by default.

We will be changing the minimum delay in future versions so that users can choose lower values for the long-press delay.

Thanks for the feedback

Gregory Suvalian
06-18-2014, 7:40 AM
This topic has been open since 2010. It's 2014 now. Not only that but there is FREE keyboard which has this option now out of the box and in many aspects eclipse Swype. I still prefer Swype but it's getting more and more difficult to continue using or recommending swype bearing in mind Swiftkey gone free and has this feature one. It's pretty obvious it's trivial technical change since it was done by some hackers based on existing Swype implementation. So why it has been ingnored for last 4 years. I take it as common BS answer - "we are looking into this". This kind of attitude will loose customers where "we are looking into this" is continuing during 4 years.
Again there is now excellent keyboard on market with majority of features offered by swype and it costs exactly 0$. Please bring this requested feature to Swype and stop giving us "we are looking into this" BS

olathenicegal
06-23-2014, 11:39 AM
I'm really happy with the long-press option for the numbers across the top of the keyboard. I don't think it needs to change. I would, however, like to see the number keypad screen returned to showing more symbols like it used to.

I'm really happy with long-press options in general - wish the second page of numeric/symbols was long-press instead of toggling back and forth between 2 pages.

I have my long-press setting short, only 270ms. It works really well for me.

KCSamerica
06-25-2014, 9:41 AM
I just upgraded from Galaxy S3 to S5. The default Samsung keyboard with its lackluster swipe rendition is still very compelling... Samsung keyboard offers the numbers at the top since its a taller screen, easy access to emoji, the clipboard... I'd love to see Swype have keyboard customization on this, or keyboard packs. Until these numbers and emoji options are there (plus the clipboard but not as imperative to me), I keep going between Samsung and Swype as they both frustrate me for some reason.

tony6777
07-07-2014, 8:58 PM
Yes, add number "option" at the top plz!! KCSamerica is right, the Samsung keyboard is compelling but has it's own annoyances. It's based on SK's Flow and it stink for that reason alone. Swype is superior in it's ability but lackluster in some of the features and options.

pukoh1
07-15-2014, 9:26 PM
baffles me why this still hasn't been implemented. it was requested 3 years ago.

Swiftkey has it now, and there i am going to go.

eaglefox1
07-16-2014, 1:09 PM
I vote for this!

Swype has the option to set the keyboard height, which frees some space on the screen that can be put to some good use.
As an optional feature, I don't see how this could be bad for swype.
And, as mentioned above, other keyboards, suchs as swiftkey and samsung's already have added such feature, leaving swype behind on the matter.

choo divine
07-21-2014, 10:26 PM
+1

Although ai.type Keyboard is pretty awful, they have some swell features and amongst those, one that gives the option to have the full fledged numeral keys on top the the ABC keyboard.

I'd also like the option to display the numeric keypad immediately when pressing the 1-2-3 key (the one switching to the the numeric keyboard) instead of having to Swype to '5' or an option to revert the long press action). Currently, when hitting the numeric key from the alpha keyboard, the numbers and symbols are displayed by default in rows instead of a keypad. I'd just would like the user to have the option how the numeric keyboard should be displayed at her convenience.

bberryhill0
07-26-2014, 9:25 AM
Long press on the symbol key goes to the numeric keypad.

You can add numbers to the top of the alpha layer if you're really motivated:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2471891

Swyped from my Verizon LG G2 using Tapatalk Pro 4.5.2

choo divine
07-26-2014, 12:05 PM
Long press on the symbol key goes to the numeric keypad.

You can add numbers to the top of the alpha layer if you're really motivated:

Thanks for the suggestion. My phone is not rooted for the moment because it's still under manufacturer's warranty. Therefore, I cannot implement your suggestion but will keep it to use at a later date when the warranty period has expired.

Yes, I know about the long press on the symbol key. The long press is a bit too long in my personal taste that's why I'd like a quicker option. I asked in the suggestion section for a user option to have the 1-2-3 key opening the numeric keypad instead of the actual numeric interface. I do prefer thought that Nuance would add the 0-9 keys on top of the apha keyboard like other keyboard apps. It's so practical and much faster for quick but frequent input of numbers.

PaulSwy1
07-27-2014, 3:09 PM
@goulash, I've found the Google Voice interpreter to be superior to what's currently available with Dragon as well. Perhaps the ability to invoke any speech to text item you have installed can be an option, unless contracting that is too difficult. In that case, perhaps a poll to see which ones are most desired and focus on those. Your thoughts @Jacob. W? While you're considering your response, please add top it, if this goes on the list, are we looking at another 4+ years before it's released? If so, start small, try to work something out with those with the biggest satisfied market share even if they come one or two at a time. Market leaders being too difficult, go down a tier and give their competition a boost. They'll either see the light our try to buy Nuance, or maybe just Swype.

Paul

PaulSwy1
07-27-2014, 3:51 PM
@KCSamerica, I made that same switch on devices. The difference is that I didn't try the Samsung keyboard I went with Google instead. The only things I liked better about it were that it provided predictions that could be selected before you finished the word flow, don't remember they called it, and then tried to guess the next word. The voice interpretation was significantly better than what I've seen Dragon do so far, unless it had top be trained to a specific voice like the Windows version, but I haven't seen anything like that in the small amount of doc I've read so far. Even Samsung's s-Voice was better than Dragon. Lastly it also had a numeric keypad across the top but no arrows. The keys are smaller than Swype making the entire keyboard about the same size. I forced my self to give it a chance for two weeks before I downloaded Swype. Swype is significantly better than it was on the S3. That may have been my fault since I wouldn't let a major update through and loose my data.

Give it a shot and let us know.

Paul

Gregory Suvalian
07-30-2014, 7:03 AM
Yesterday's update to Swiftkey crossed the threshold I had for quaility of their swyping up to Swype. Try it.
They do have option to display numbers keys on top and bunch of similar features to swype plus more.
They are free and seems care more about their free customers then Swype about customers who paid for product and then being ignored for years for basic features like this.

choo divine
07-30-2014, 10:15 AM
Yesterday's update to Swiftkey crossed the threshold I had for quaility of their swyping up to Swype. Try it.
They do have option to display numbers keys on top and bunch of similar features to swype plus more.
They are free and seems care more about their free customers then Swype about customers who paid for product and then being ignored for years for basic features like this.

I did not get any update (on Jelly Bean 4.2.2) and Google Play Store still displays that the version is from May 18, 2014. Where and how did you get the update because I can't wait to have the row of numbers on top as quickly as possible?

forums
07-30-2014, 10:51 AM
I did not get any update (on Jelly Bean 4.2.2) and Google Play Store still displays that the version is from May 18, 2014. Where and how did you get the update because I can't wait to have the row of numbers on top as quickly as possible?

On my Incredible 2, with CM 7.2, Android 2.3.7, I see SwiftKey 5.0.2.4, dated 7/29/14 using the Play Store app.

Gregory Suvalian
07-30-2014, 11:17 AM
On my Incredible 2, with CM 7.2, Android 2.3.7, I see SwiftKey 5.0.2.4, dated 7/29/14 using the Play Store app.
Wait for your turn mine showing updated on July 29, 2014. Also option to have number in Swiftkey was always there, not only in latest update.

bberryhill0
07-30-2014, 11:42 AM
I got the SwiftKey update. It's pretty good. I probably won't Deutch because Swype is still better abs doesn't lag on my device. Let's see if SwiftKey can get switch right this time. Hmm... Not bad. This is pretty usable. Themes, resizable. Swype has more options but I would recommend squirter for anyone who has serious lag on swore.

getter
07-30-2014, 12:41 PM
Switched to a.i. type keyboard. It has an extra top row for numbers and built-in emoji input.

troyolson92
08-26-2014, 4:43 AM
SwiftKey rules for themes and options. No lags. Just not as good as swype in word reconization but close. All around way better than swype. I was hoping someone at swype would smarten up and add themes number row options years ago. I give up on what once my favorite app, swype. Which means also ditching dragon go for good in favour of Google now. No more nuance products for me. They don't update enough or listen to what we want.

imsganesh
10-27-2014, 10:13 AM
SwiftKey rules for themes and options. No lags. Just not as good as swype in word reconization but close. All around way better than swype. I was hoping someone at swype would smarten up and add themes number row options years ago. I give up on what once my favorite app, swype. Which means also ditching dragon go for good in favour of Google now. No more nuance products for me. They don't update enough or listen to what we want.

Wow, it looks like this dedicated number row request thread is as old as Swype itself. Yet, they still are not willing to make it at least as an option to show the number row. Great support swype team.. http://forum.swype.com/images/smilies/rolleyes.png

bberryhill0
10-27-2014, 10:20 AM
Swype is not an integrated part of Nuance. It is just a way to get more users for Dragon.

MiZoSpaDe
10-29-2014, 8:46 AM
why on earth making a request section...while this basic option been there for over 4 years now..it's just shows how less you care about your customers...in swift you have the option you can take it or leave it..at least give us the option or ditch the whole long press way it's frustrating...in Arabic we use either Arabic language or something called Franco Arabic which is a combine of English letters and numbers..it's painful that I have to long press every single word..I really need that option and I guess thousands of Arabic users do to a little example of a word ( ba7ebek = I love you ) it's cool keyboard but seeing this thread pinned there this long disappointed me (huge facepalm) wish you can solve it as soon as possible

Gregory Suvalian
10-29-2014, 9:07 AM
Switched to a.i. type keyboard. It has an extra top row for numbers and built-in emoji input.
Does AI type support dictionary sync accross devices like swype?

choo divine
10-30-2014, 2:51 PM
+1 to this. The reason I'm not using Swype is because it doesn't have the extra row of digits and the arrows at the bottom like Kii. I know you can swype these things out but it's still an extra and unnecessary step

Thanks for your comment. I'm actually trying Kii and really like it for the row of numbers and small navigation arrows. The extra word suggestions pop-up instead of scrolling is really nice as well. I think I'll stick with Kii for now until Swype starts listening to their customers.

Williammor
12-01-2014, 10:34 PM
constantly during the last ten years, as the France wristband is still essentially the most renowned kind of t-shirt. The most costly cufflinks ever previously offered were some fond of the particular soon-to-be Ruler Edward VIII by his or her in the future partner Wallis Simpson. These kind of featured diamond jewelry emerge american platinum eagle in addition to sold at public auction regardingattractive show of fashion and also architectural will certainly harmonize together with just about any ensemble, proper or even laid-back, in this article a vital function inherent throughout Bob philosophy associated with simpleness, a new cufflink for those events.
http://www.dstreamtech.com/upload/fille/2014113016502987361.html
http://www.rochet.com/imagge/201411301655970125.html
http://www.rochet.com/imagge/201411301653552546.html
http://www.dstreamtech.com/upload/fille/2014113016491664667.html
http://www.dstreamtech.com/upload/fille/2014113016465046898.html
http://www.dstreamtech.com/upload/fille/2014113016482959063.html
http://www.dstreamtech.com/upload/fille/201411301648946689.html
http://www.dstreamtech.com/upload/fille/2014113016485181191.html
http://www.dstreamtech.com/upload/fille/201411301649292506.html
http://www.rochet.com/imagge/2014113016562417353.html
http://www.rochet.com/files/201412111273590273.html
http://www.rochet.com/files/201412111331335519.html
http://www.rochet.com/files/201412111312735816.html
http://www.rochet.com/files/20141211132955090.html
http://www.rochet.com/files/201412111303841363.html
http://www.rochet.com/files/201412111292717604.html
http://www.rochet.com/files/201412111274578278.html
http://www.rochet.com/files/201412111274668933.html
http://www.rochet.com/files/201412111342225301.html
http://www.rochet.com/files/201412111361517360.html
http://www.misterkey.com/pic/201412114164442314.html
http://www.veschi.us/app/201412114124324165.html
http://www.knightsfab.com/app/201412114135416932.html
http://www.jeromeselection.com/aps/201412114102344016.html
http://www.miamishuttleservices.com/pic/201412114173651379.html
http://www.material-improvements.com/app/20141211413579584.html
http://www.hsschool.xyz/aps/20141211411975831.html
http://www.hsschool.xyz/aps/201412114105848948.html
http://www.thelullabylost.com/app/201412114151453280.html
http://www.veschi.us/app/201412114124365095.html

handled_badly
12-05-2014, 1:20 PM
Samsung has an awesome keyboard in light of half of the requests here. Number row, gliding, prediction, speed, SwiftKey backbone, the whole nine yards!

c_wag03
12-11-2014, 4:34 PM
Just want to add my name to the list of people who want this feature. I have decided that until Swype adds this feature, I will use Samsung keyboard. I use passwords with both letters and numbers, so that is when it gets really annoying to have to flip back and forth or long press to do numbers.

However, I can't deny that Swype is much more accurate with my Swyping. Please add this soon!!:(

mllive
01-31-2015, 7:35 AM
no, I doubt that I'd want to give up the extra space,
but I'd suggest that drag from the ?123 key to the key whose long-hold is the numeric / symbol generate the numeric/symbol, as would the drag from the up-shift, generate the :-Pshifted character....

wangtinkit
02-07-2015, 7:56 PM
Yes, please add this feature just like Swiftkey

Selene
02-08-2015, 2:49 AM
Another +1 ...

I would turn this (number keys row) on if it was simple to do from the keyboard. I wouldn't want to have to go into settings, activate top row, go back to typing, etc..

At password fields (I use letters, nums, and punct for all passwords, so easy access to all these characters is important), or when about to enter something with a lot of numbers, a number row would be great.

Swapping to numeric mode (which has no letters) is pesky.

Couple implementation thoughts:

1 ... Have a little button at left-hand edge of "Suggested Words", which would replace that row with a normal-ish top row of numbers/puncts like a full-size keyboard:
! @ # $ % ^ & * ( ) <---KEY LONG-PRESS (above digits)
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 <---KEY FACE

2 ... A NUM-LOCK button, or altered functionality of the SHIFT/LOCK button.
When SHIFT is held down, it currently goes into CAPS-LOCK mode. How about do it like the ?123 button, so when it is long-pressed, the default result if released is CAPS-LOCK, as it is now; but in the hovering drawer/box like the one from the ?123 button, is "NUMLOCK" or "NUMKEYS", or "123" in big/bold text, so we slide onto that and release, and up pops the top row of number keys (replacing "Suggested Words"). Going again onto long-press of SHIFT, and from the drawer/box we re-select "NUMLOCK" or whatever it's designation, it will disable/hide that top row of number keys (restoring the "Suggested Words" list).

3 ... Same as idea #2 above, but instead of building it into the SHIFT key, build it into the ?123 key, which already has the drawer of options--- just add the one more option: NUMLOCK, NUMKEYS, or whatever you want to call it!

Note: I'm using a Samsung Galaxy S4, usually in portrait mode, so I'm having this 'portrait' orientation in my mind when I suggest the ideas above. Possibly the ideas or implementation will need to be different somehow when in Landscape mode, or depending what style/layout of keyboard the user is having as the default. But the basic idea is: I like a number-key row sometimes!

Thanks!

mcarver2000
02-08-2015, 9:34 AM
Selene,

I like your suggestions for keyboard trigger options. If they ever give us a number row, let us toggle it on or off from the keyboard. There are times I really need a dedicated number row, and there are times I need the screen real estate instead.

Sinner
03-28-2015, 7:53 PM
Yes this dedicated numeric row is very much wanted by many of us. I personally alternate between Swift Key and Swype, in great part because of that feature alone.

daveshu22
04-03-2015, 9:06 AM
How about a damn number row that was first mentioned to you in the forums in 2011. Come on guys. Lets get it together.

fallacies
04-05-2015, 8:20 AM
How about a damn number row that was first mentioned to you in the forums in 2011. Come on guys. Lets get it together.

either some company was allowed to patent this idea, somehow (funny how our patent laws suck); or,
swype is retarded, and hasn't realized how much the front keyboard including 1 - 0 with the ! - ) long presses and left right up down would raise their demand...

wonder if a swype rep would share some info on this...
it's simple, and should take less than a day to update...
so either we can have it, or can't we?

i currently use the Samsung keyboard for 1 - 0, but their program sucks at remembering words, and doesn't have the sel all/copy/paste gestures

iNSPiRE
04-25-2015, 5:10 PM
Seriously, five years later and a thread like this is simply ignored.
A simple explanation would suffice. What a shame.

Greg Riddle
05-02-2015, 3:35 AM
Please add the number row. This is one keyboard that works for me but I hate that it doesn't have a number row. I will not buy it until you get a number row

mcarver2000
05-02-2015, 4:40 AM
What a novel idea, a dedicated number row! No wait, we have been requesting this for at least 4-5 years now. Blow our socks off and give us the option to have a dedicated number row. Take a look at how other keyboards apps can do this.

Greg Riddle
05-14-2015, 8:16 AM
What the he'll is the big deal with the number row. Having an option to change the letter to a number after the fact don't help speed things up.
Why is it so hard to add a number row.

ajyerly
06-02-2015, 6:07 PM
i am a loyal swype'r for years now. I have converted many of my colleagues over to this app.

I cant stress enough how important it is to add this feature. As a person that works in the transportation industry, we constantly need to type a combination of numbers and letter for various reasons. switching back and forth from keyboard to number pad is very inefficient, and holding down on the letter to get the number is too time consuming. for anyone in my position (large number of people) and especially folks who work with hex language (again, a large number of people) would greatly benefit from a dedicated number row option. Personally i would find it more beneficial to replace the space allocated for the word suggestions with this number bar. I do agree that a number keypad such as a full size keyboard is the ultimate keyboard but it is just not practical for a smart phone.

Here is a quick comparison:
https://cdn-images.xda-developers.com/direct/2/7/7/1/3/4/6/G3_Keyboard_1.png
this is the LG G3 keyboard. It is a beautiful, effective layout. It is also traceable like swype. However this function is horribly lacking accuracy and is the sole reason why i keep using the original and best swype keyboard.

Then there is the swype keyboard layout. Personally i hate it. I think it is one of the worst out there. But the accuracy of the swype keyboard is ultimately my deciding factor to stay loyal.

This is warning however to swype developers. Unless you get this optional number row feature added. More and more customers will jump ship.

Anxiously awaiting number row!

anto

mllive
06-06-2015, 6:45 PM
I'd vote to make this an option. But, also to implement 'drag from the ?123 key to any letter'
to generate the number, symbol on the upper right of the letter, rather than having to do a long press.

Similarly, I'd like the 'drag from the shift to any letter' to generate the uppercase letter,
and the 'drag from the swipe key to any letter' to generate the control letter operation.

sparky_132
06-20-2015, 3:01 PM
+1. Any comment from anyone at Swype?

mllive
06-26-2015, 3:31 PM
I may have suggested this before, I'd prefer a Drag from the "?123" to the key to get the Numbers and Symbols. I find that the keyboard size, opacity, ...
is annoying, and adding another row is not my preference.

Greg Riddle
06-28-2015, 9:10 AM
It should be added as an option. I have a note 4 on Verizon so keyboard size is no issue and rooting isn't an option yet

CBoudreaux
07-31-2015, 4:36 PM
This word be great as an option, especially for larger devices, even if the buttons were only half as tall as the letters.

charrion
08-06-2015, 2:37 PM
I agree with ranova, for those of us with larger and higher resolution screens, we have the real estate available for a number row and it can speed up typing instead of the tap-hold on the top row. And making it an option (like Swiftkey does) doesn't force the choice on everyone. Frankly, it's the only reason I occasionally return to Swiftkey; only to come back to Swype when I'm reminded of how poor Swiftkey's "flow" is compared to Swype.

Sometimes
08-27-2015, 9:36 AM
This thread was started 5 years ago. It isn't happening. Being able to change the color of the trace has also been a feature request for a half decade. It's time to just let it go and move on to a different keyboard if the themes don't meet the needs of the user.

ikeeki320
09-03-2015, 1:44 PM
Add a number row already

migr13163729
09-08-2015, 6:03 AM
I would LOVE to have a 0-9 row on top of keyboard at all times...!

magwai
10-24-2015, 2:24 PM
The main benefit of the number for is for accurate typing of passwords when you cannot see the results for the long press method.

Swype has the best gesture typing but overall I prefer TouchPal these days. It's a shame because swype had such a lead a few years ago.

fallacies
10-28-2015, 12:07 PM
They refuse to respond to this subject.
It is simple to add a toggle option for the number row...
If Samsung or someone has a patent to it, just tell us.

They ignore us because they've moved on to Apple.
Bet if iPhone plus users asked for a number row, they'd add it, or at least respond.

I only use Samsung keyboard because of the added row, but swipe has the better pattern recognition and shortcuts; can't copy/cut/paisnt as easily done on samsung....

Also the Samsung keyboard doesn't have long-press shortcuts, for the number row, for `!@#$%^&*()
So while I love the row, still room to make it better

Also, I'd like a left, up, down, right arrow on the ends or above the number row...
That would take care of everything

ddcd17
12-15-2015, 12:32 PM
Hi Swype,
Please add the number Row to top of keyboard and emoji support. I tried using Samsung keyboard, but it has awful autocorrect and Swype support, often with embarrassing results! Thank you for a great product. The number row would make it even better. The emoji support would be a bonus. Thanks for considering, hopefully SOON! :-)
Sincerely,
Deanie Mc, using Note 4 Android, 5.01

user30000z
12-16-2015, 10:54 PM
don't you see they even not answering.
It's a shame because this is actually the best gesture keyboard, better than Swiftkey, but it seems they don't have the money to evaluate it ...

Fishfreq
12-27-2015, 9:48 AM
I know it's not necessarily a small feature, but having a separate row for number keys would be great for some of us.

(I am so thrilled to be using Swype again!)

We know that number input on the primary keyboard could be improved and we are looking into ways to do this. We have this logged as a recommended feature request, but it is not tied to a specific release or timeline.

-Swype Community Management

5 years ago Swype management said 'they are looking into ways to do this'. I've got a Galaxy Note 5 and this Swype keyboard would be incredible with a top number row, but it's painfully obvious that Swype does not feel the same way as us. I guess our only recourse is to convert this thread into a discussion of 'what other finger-glide keyboards have this number row and which is the best?' I've tried SwiftKey and Samsung's version and their flow and prediction engines aren't even close to Swype.

Any suggestions?

pekuhn
01-31-2016, 1:02 PM
Try TouchPal. They don't have a number row but if you swipe up from the top row the numbers will be typed.

And prediction is as good as swipe

Godsfunambulator
02-09-2016, 8:19 AM
Just about every other keyboard has this so it is possible.

Top number row is very useful for entering just a few numbers quickly, such as a date, or within a password.

Just give it as on option on every keyboard and let the user decide if it is stupid or awesome. The fact is it is a preference and many people really like it.

alan2067
02-09-2016, 7:26 PM
The TouchPal X keyboard also has secondary characters overlaying the primary ones. The whole top row, for instance, doubles as a 0-9 numpad, and the bottom row has useful shortcuts to symbols like "@" and "?". Simply drag your finger up or down over these keys to type the secondary characters.
Pass4sure 70-412 (http://70-412-exams.blogspot.com/)
Pass4sure SK0-003 Exam (http://comptiask0-003.blogspot.com/)

mllive
02-23-2016, 9:24 AM
I'd prefer to use swype - key to be able to Swype from Shift to key for uppercase-letter and from ?123 to key for number/symbol.

I'd support the extra numeric bar if it was easy to turn it off and on, e.g. via the popup menu from the ?123 key.

Irajacobs
02-28-2016, 7:59 AM
This is all I came to the forum to ask about. I thought I had done it before, but I guess not...

bberryhill0
02-28-2016, 10:21 AM

Swyped from my LG G4 with Tapatalk 4.5.2

alirezanasibi
05-18-2016, 1:54 PM
Wow, after six years it's not implemented yet?! Swype team, do you even care what we're requesting for years?! Guys, I'm using Google keyboard which was updated recently and the prediction is fantastic. Yes, it doesn't have number row yet but at least Google listens to users! Why should we root our devices to have this feature added to our Swype?
I'm using Google keyboard which not only predicts words very good but also sync data very well.

Vaibhav_Jain
05-27-2016, 11:39 PM
Wow, after six years it's not implemented yet?! Swype team, do you even care what we're requesting for years?! Guys, I'm using Google keyboard which was updated recently and the prediction is fantastic. Yes, it doesn't have number row yet but at least Google listens to users! Why should we root our devices to have this feature added to our Swype?
I'm using Google keyboard which not only predicts words very good but also sync data very well.
The updated version of the Google keyboard has the ability to display number row on password fields. For Swype you can use an xposed module called "Swype row" though. Have been using it and this is great...

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

_vk30_
08-25-2016, 3:46 PM
Hey Nuance, you said in 2010 you were looking into this. 6 years is a long time! I bought Swype years ago (android 2.5-ish) but stopped using it because of lack of # row, then after you could no longer select google voice, because of this. I use it now because I'm rooted and now use the xPosed modules for number row and google voice. Those weren't available until more recently. What a waste of phone space, and what % of Android users are rooted - 0.5%? Big addressable market there!

rlivin
11-11-2016, 7:48 PM
Hey Nuance, you said in 2010 you were looking into this. 6 years is a long time! I bought Swype years ago (android 2.5-ish) but stopped using it because of lack of # row, then after you could no longer select google voice, because of this. I use it now because I'm rooted and now use the xPosed modules for number row and google voice. Those weren't available until more recently. What a waste of phone space, and what % of Android users are rooted - 0.5%? Big addressable market there!

Please add this!

krprice84
12-14-2016, 7:29 AM
Please add this!

Swype seems to have dropped the ball big time on a lot of issues.

Back in 2010ish, they appeared to be much more responsive and receptive to community input, and seemed to address some issues rather quickly. Swype was *THE* premiere gesture keyboard for a good while. Then when competition started coming out, Swype started to become more of a "take it as it comes, and like it that way" type of situation. Not impressed at all. They went from a power-user type of app to a general ppl app

yotes613
12-15-2016, 3:32 PM
Try the app 123qwerty for iPhone and iPad. The number row is on top all the time. It also has customizable keys

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rajakhan12
12-16-2016, 3:11 PM
Such a shame for swype team, even Google Add numbers row on top separated with new Gboard update and we are here requesting them since last 5 years add number row on top separated

vuanhle
01-27-2017, 3:36 PM
Thank you for adding this feature however it needs to be supported simultaneously with second characters, as it's not ideal to have one without the other. Please fix. Thanks

admmck
01-28-2017, 4:53 PM
Yes, thank for adding a dedicated number row option!! However, when selecting the dedicated number row, it makes the secondary characters disappear. I love Swype and so does my family, please add back in the secondary characters when the number row is selected.

https://farm1.staticflickr.com/356/32538920016_d83224074c_z.jpg

https://farm1.staticflickr.com/261/32539066476_a1a029ec7f_c.jpg