PDA

View Full Version : failed to open Zip archive

Brad Hellmann
09-14-2010, 5:24 AM
I've created a new thread as instructed by the admin in the existing error-id thread.

ID Doesn't match error.

Device Make/Model - Motorola Droid
Wireless Carrier - Verizon
Android Version (2.2 FroYo? 1.6 Donut?) - 2.2 FroYo
ROM Version (Stock? Custom ROM?) -Stock
Are you using APPS2SD? No
Full text of the error message you are receiving (if you are not receiving an erroMotorr, describe the problem in as much detail as possible)
What troubleshooting steps have you completed so far? ID of phone does not match registration on beta.swype.com
Are you a ROOT user? (If you don't know what this means then the answer is "no") - No

This is my pastebin.com link http://pastebin.com/cisySr3P

I've had issues since 2.2 for droid came out, and i continue to have issues, even with this update. I've uninstalled everything, cleared cache and temp files, rebooted, cleared cache and temp files, disabled all widgets, killed all running processes, and still receive this error on re-install.

Brad Hellmann
09-14-2010, 2:21 PM
i'm not sure what my next steps are here..I love swype, I'm a big proponent, but i can't really show it to anyone with it not working :(

rob.boehm
09-14-2010, 6:08 PM
Not sure if you caught my post in the previous thread. It can be a bit tl;dr. Have you been able to re-download the installer after removing everything from your download folder on the SD card? It appears that your installer is getting corrupted. Your logcat points to a problem with opening the apk:
failed to open Zip archive '/sdcard/download/Swype-Installer-4.apk'

katzyblue
09-14-2010, 6:53 PM
I am trying what you said and I can't find my download folder on the sd card? This all started with the last droid update, all was working before then. It appears my email and password aren't being recognized and I have changed the and resent the link to download to me. This forum let's me register with it but I cannot finish my download of swype with it. argh! thanks for help!

rob.boehm
09-14-2010, 6:58 PM
This thread doesn't quite apply to your case katzyblue. I moved your previous post to the primary thread, which I then saw you already posted in x_x. Please include a logcat in that thread following these instructions so we can authorized an ESN reset.

http://forum.swype.com/showthread.php?994-HOW-TO-READ-ME-FIRST-Get-BETA-for-Android-troubleshooting-help#LOGCAT

Brad Hellmann
09-15-2010, 3:42 AM
Not sure if you caught my post in the previous thread. It can be a bit tl;dr. Have you been able to re-download the installer after removing everything from your download folder on the SD card? It appears that your installer is getting corrupted. Your logcat points to a problem with opening the apk:
failed to open Zip archive '/sdcard/download/Swype-Installer-4.apk'

sorry to bounce between threads. I actually did grab a new apk and try it, and it installed correctly, if you look further in to the logs.

rob.boehm
09-15-2010, 7:32 PM
sorry to bounce between threads. I actually did grab a new apk and try it, and it installed correctly, if you look further in to the logs.
In the logs that I'm going through I don't see that. This is everything Swype I see in your posted Logcat.

09-13 09:53:08.807 D/asset ( 2252): failed to open Zip archive '/sdcard/download/Swype-Installer-4.apk'
09-13 09:53:08.885 D/dalvikvm( 2252): GC_FOR_MALLOC freed 9134 objects / 543504 bytes in 74ms
09-13 09:53:08.885 W/PackageParser( 2252): Unable to read AndroidManifest.xml of /sdcard/download/Swype-Installer-4.apk
09-13 09:53:12.190 I/ActivityManager( 1082): No longer want com.swype.android.installer (pid 2813): hidden #16
09-13 09:53:12.292 I/WindowManager( 1082): WIN DEATH: Window{44c54388 com.swype.android.installer/com.swype.android.installer.SwypeInstaller paused=false}
09-13 09:53:22.203 W/ActivityManager( 1082): Activity destroy timeout for HistoryRecord{44cdd568 com.swype.android.installer/.SwypeInstaller}

Basically what we've been seeing is that if your install isn't being blocked because of an ESN conflict it's best to just delete anything and everything swype from your system and reinstall. I know you've already done this, several times, but could you please try again and provide us with another logcat pastebin if problems persist?

Here's the instructions for the full uninstall: http://forum.swype.com/showthread.php?993-KNOWN-BETA-for-Android-ISSUES-Please-read-before-posting-(UPDATE-9-12-10)#FullUninstall

Thanks, I know this can be quite a pain.

Brad Hellmann
09-19-2010, 11:27 AM
ok, did full uninstall, deleted everything, cleared all cache, redownloaded a fresh file, still not working, still getting the mismatch error.

Pastebin Link for new logs (http://pastebin.com/B1fEtc2M)

rob.boehm
09-19-2010, 6:27 PM
I'm seeing the ESN errors in your logs now. Thanks. You can PM me your MEID/IMEI and email you used to register in the beta with or submit this information and we'll get that cleared up.

In the mean time do another full uninstall so we don't run into the previous problem we were just running into.