PDA

View Full Version : Latest Beta Problem

mmubashar
09-14-2010, 2:51 AM
Guys,

Swype is just awesome, so I had to come in here and report the problem. I was using the previous beta build, and got my invitation for the latest beta release download. I did as was requested. Here's what happened.

1. I uninstalled my previous Swype (which I regret much now :( )
2. I downloaded the installer.
3. Filled in my particulars, hit the download button. Once the download finished, the installer launches. After some buttons, the installer says the installation was successful, but when I hit Done, a pop up error message says that there was an error in downloading. :confused:
4. So I thought I'd test it. I activated Swype, the keyboard appears. Whippee!
5. I perform my first swype action "Hello World". It doesnt write anything. Just blinks, then a pop up message appears that says "This swype version is not meant for your device." :confused:

Something is really wrong here guys~

I'm running Swype on:
Phone: Google Nexus One
ROM: CyanogenMod 6.0 Stable

Appreciate the fix..Really need swype badly :(

Ashex1
09-14-2010, 8:59 AM
I've heard reports that the registration doesn't go through correctly. Uninstall the keyboard, reboot, then run the installer. You should see a pop-up that says "Registering Swype...". If you don't, hit the back key and that should start it.

I haven't run into this myself but give that a shot.

rossruns
09-14-2010, 2:28 PM
I had the same issue, and yes, uninstalling both the keyboard and installer, and then re-downloading and running both fixed the issue. It's also described in detail on the FAQ (http://beta.swype.com/android/faq/), which details other things to try if this doesn't solve your issue.