PDA

View Full Version : Since the September update swype the french support has disapear

drix95
09-14-2010, 2:13 AM
Good Morning,

I really enjoyed the Swype experience,
unfortunately since this update i have lost the French support... which is really embarrassing because i am French and i can't swype anymore...
what can i do to have the French support back ?

thank you

lolmensch
09-14-2010, 3:28 AM
which phone are you using? it could be that the installation failed partly because android system tried to free up space during the main installation and therefore killed the swype installer.
if you have root try swapper as suggested in the sticky troubleshooting quest

thefirstben
09-14-2010, 11:44 AM
I have the same problem here, i used Swype 1.61 before, i removed it and followed the instructions to install the latest (2.44 i think), but the french language did not appear in the list of the languages.

The list of languages i see with version 2.44 is : US English / Espanol, Italiano, Portugues and Deutsh

I'm using and HTC Desire with Leedroid 2.0a and Carbon Expresso Mod 2.1.

I restored my old swype version with Titanium backup and everything is back to normal with swype 1.61.

What language are included in the latest swype Beta ?

Thanks

rob.boehm
09-14-2010, 8:42 PM
French support has never been offered as part of the closed beta distribution. Best guess is you were using French on a version of Swype that came pre-installed on your phone which was then rooted and a new rom installed along with the beta. Either that or you've been using a less than official version of Swype. >=(

thefirstben
09-15-2010, 2:26 AM
Ok thank you for your answer, i'll wait for french support then, any date on that yet ?

Thank you

pnoire
09-27-2010, 6:40 AM
I also hope that a beta release with french language will soon be available :-)
Merci d'avance