PDA

View Full Version : User database for different languages and multi dictionary

migr1789633
12-16-2009, 8:44 AM
The userdata base in swype seems to consist of 1 file, should it not be 1 user database per dictionary ?

So you dont mix engish with danish with french with ect ect, else your going to have alot of similar words eg, danish uses A as Ã… aswell, wich means some words will actually use same keys, so you have to sit and select them manually, and then its not really fast.

In my oppinion, UserData should be EG USUserData.udb for US, DKUserData.udb fo Danish or something like that, so it dont conflict.

A quick question aswell, is it the carrier or the ones that made the phone (eg HTC) who should add Swype in the phone ?

I just tested it on HTC HD2, but i surely want it for "real", not only for testing, so if its the carrier, ill write them asking about it.

migr1789633
12-16-2009, 9:28 AM
Another question if i may.

Why would any carriers pay for this "keyboard" as the T9/default keyboard works just fine, this is just a fancy addon, dont get me wrong i like it, but why would they pay for it.

I just dont see this marketing strategy "hit" anytime they next 10-20 years to be honest, there is like 1 billion users out there used to the old keyboard, why would they switch at extra cost (dont kid yourself, we will have to pay in the end) ?

This should have been purchaseable from users themself

migr3964376
02-09-2010, 2:18 PM
it would be great if you could mix languages at least 2 at the same time like my case i text in spanish and english a lot, a mix both languages the option should at least be available if for some people it doesnt work at least should be an option

migr8689147
03-23-2010, 8:07 AM
Did you actually get Swype to work with a danish?

migr12246741
06-09-2010, 4:35 AM
Great suggestion, if you compare to SlideIT they have one file per language.
Think this is a must for any clever solution.

migr4730491
06-09-2010, 4:30 PM
Bo Bjering - you must be kidding right? "T9 works just fine" LOL It's super slow compared to Swype. If you had tried Swype for some time and if you wrote more than 5 sms:s/emails per day you would understand. Carriers would of course be able to sell the phones for more having Swype on them, but I agree that it should also be released on Android Market.

Gnopps
08-11-2010, 1:07 AM
I often write in different languages and would also need new words to be added to the current dictionary only.

Robert Gr.
08-11-2010, 9:17 AM
@Gnopps
word

benomatic
08-19-2010, 5:50 AM
agree w/ neozeliot -- i would like to enable both english and dutch, as I mix and match both. typing in all my dutch words is a nuisance, and will take forever to get a decent dictionary.