PDA

View Full Version : Ability to Delete words from dictionary

jdmlove
09-13-2010, 7:10 PM
You guys have done a great job on including a lot of words in the preloaded dictionary, but some of the "words" that are suggested either make zero sense or I know I would never use them...I know I can delete words I've added, but to be able to fully customize the Swype predictive dictionary would be GREAT!!!

Mark Anthony Boatman
09-13-2010, 7:33 PM
I agree..I am having a problem when trying to swype the word "still" it never fails to replace with "stol". Which is funny cause this laptop i'm typing from sees that word as misspelled (red squiggly line under it) so i'm not sure why it's in swypes dictionary. I've tried to delete it (if by chance I added it) but highlighting and pressing swype button only shows other suggestions. I have to type the "still" to input it....ugh! I am glad to see they fixed the "out" "it" issue. It seems to pick the right one every time now?

timothydonohue
09-20-2010, 4:42 AM
i also would like to be able to delete words from swype's dictionary, not just my user dictionary. there are so many times that swype messes this up that i now spend more time correcting swype than it would have taken for me to just use a normal kb

migr9445025
09-26-2010, 12:17 PM
Frequently, I get "thee" when I mean "the", "utah" for "yeah" and "thus" for "this". Please allow us to edit the built-in dictionary.

Thia Halmades
09-27-2010, 5:36 AM
There's something I'd like to add to this:

I have a very diverse set of added words -- hockey terms, gaming terms, football players -- and Swype insists that every time I use one of them, and it doesn't get it right (I enter "Vick," and Swype pulls up "Chick") that it generates the "Hidden Word" pop up message, which -- once I've seen it -- told me all I needed to know. Please include the ability too:

* Modify the entire dictionary, even if from a sub-menu
* Disable that pop-up permanently

relaxer
09-29-2010, 12:09 AM
Agree, the current form of pop up with instructions on how to delete a word is probably the worst part of swype.

THAT popup itself should allow the word to be deleted.
For heavens sake, as it is it is nearly impossible to delete a word! Some apps, like gmail for instance don't even have ability to highlight a word in the entry box making the already cumbersome process futile!

Also, when in chat or typing unusually things some really weird stuff gets added to the dictionary.

Finally, with the crazy install required with any phone update, all settings and dictionaries get wiped. Wish that would change to be friendlier and not wipe

rolliradi8
09-29-2010, 9:52 AM
The same here - would be nice

shawnwilder
10-04-2010, 6:27 AM
Is nobody else getting the "ki" "jimi" etc. error everytime they attempt to swype "I"?

mstacy
04-18-2011, 1:29 PM
It looks like this thread has been quiet for a while but I want to second the comments here about editing the dictionary and disabling the hidden word popup. Incredibly annoying.

Valinthor
04-20-2011, 6:49 AM
I would really, really appreciate such a future. Being able to customize the entire swype dictionary to maximise effectiveness would make my day much easier. As it is now, I find myself writing messages faster without swype due to to the time consuming error-correction phase. The vast majority of typos I make would never happen if I was able to customize the entire dictionary. Many words in the dictionary I never or very rarely use.

retroflux
04-20-2011, 7:19 AM
Yes this would be a massive improvement. The whole point I got swype was (when I first started using it) it was so much faster but now it takes me longer to send a txt due to issues like this dictionary problem. I too feel like throwing my phone at a wall when I get word suggestion for non existent words, can't the algorithm be tweaked to suggest actual words rather than ones that don't make sense or at least tweak to suggest words that are more commonly used.

jkdepies12
05-10-2011, 4:00 PM
I couldn't agree more. swype is a great concept and surely will be the approach of the future but it's infested by software that insists on using the least common words, our even words that don't exist! Please let us edit the dictionaries fully!

ams12277
05-13-2011, 8:48 AM
I would like to be able to easily delete words as well. Maybe when the word pops up in the suggestion box a long-press on it would pop up a "delete word" prompt. and/or after a message is sent there is the ability to choose which "new" words from that message get saved.

agordin
05-14-2011, 12:05 PM
This ends up being a two part bug:

1. Swype remembers stupid, inane, pointless things that are used once (ie: once i had to sent an email to [cell phone number]@vtext.com) that is now a PREDICTED word. Anytime I start typing numbers I now get word prediction.

2. Swype doble tap doesn't allow you to delete alphanumeric combinations it remember. As in above, the 'remembered' word has punctuation, numbers, and letters. As a result, a double tap doesn't highlight the whole 'word' but only parts of it. As a result, swypes method makes it IMPOSSIBLE to delete certain 'remembered' words that the user added accidentally. This is a BUG and needs to be fixed. The easiest fix for this would to use the same method as the device dictionary, list the words that the user added, and allow them to be deleted all from one screen instead of only after a discovered use. (we all have lives. Sometimes, I'm sending a quick message and don't have the time to pause and delete a remembered word especially with the clunky interface. However, I do sometimes have a time on my hands where I can go OCD and delete everything. The point being: Swype's Use Case for this situation is WRONG. The system they created is more of a bug-ridden mess than a convenience. The default dictionary for the default keyboard is a much better way of handling this)

jolo100
05-14-2011, 6:50 PM
This is my first post to this forum.
I have to say that I am shocked that this string is so quiet on such a basic function.add

brian.resnik
05-16-2011, 8:08 AM
We are working hard on improving dictionary control for future versions. This is definitely something we're very concerned about, but don't have anything specific to report with regards to upcoming changes at this time. Thanks!

jolo100
05-16-2011, 10:16 PM
We are working hard on improving dictionary control for future versions. This is definitely something we're very concerned about, but don't have anything specific to report with regards to upcoming changes at this time. Thanks!
I am delighted to read that you are working on making the Dictionary more flexible and editable.
I do have confidence that you are truthfull in writing that you are working on it.

I do think Swype is such an essential product for those like me, who want to do a lot of writing on my Android, Samsung Galaxy Tab - GT-1010.

Jon

dittoheadadt
05-25-2011, 6:18 AM
Brian, that's all well and good and I'm sure every Swype user anxiously awaits the time when we have much greater control over the dictionary and add/delete functions...but haven't you been promising the same thing for most of the past year? I don't mean to sound argumentative, I'm just frustrated that Swype, for all its genius and how much easier it is to Swype than to type, these dictionary issues are close to driving me back to typing. My pet peeve - the word "irt" that of course isn't a word. It comes up EVERY time I try to Swype "it" and it cannot be deleted. That's just anecdotal info, I realize it's not the end of the world, but really, the dictionary/add/edit/delete issues can become a dealbreaker for many people if you don't get it figured out, and soon. Thanks.

uisgdlyast
05-29-2011, 7:53 PM
YES, make it so we can edit the dictionary. There are so many words in there I will never use. And yes, I get weird things when I try to swype "I".

Wouldn't this greatly improve the word choice? If I get the prediction window up and none of the words in there are the ones I was trying to swype, and words I would never use, then by deleting all of them there should be a better chance of getting my word.

It also saves words your password hints

jolo100
05-29-2011, 8:57 PM
I have to say it, and I am not alone in saying this, but I have to notticed that Swype gets more inaccurate as time goes on.
Editing takes longer as Swype starts making wild assumptions.

I did love it in the beginning, but the dictionary seems to be loaded with bad assumptions.
I am of the theory that they are being pulled in different directions and their tech staff is overwhelmed.

Jon

mattyf
05-30-2011, 6:08 PM
This would be hugely important...

xanaxbarz
06-03-2011, 1:53 PM
Just want to add my support to this idea, one of the ideas I registered to post. More ways to customize the dictionary would be great, lots of words will appear instead of the words I want and over 50% of the time it is a word I could do without or would just type out if i ever actually needed it. Would make the user experience A LOT better.

myminpins
06-11-2011, 2:36 PM
Another person here saying PLEASE put this to the top of the list as soon as you can. Being able to edit the dictionary is pretty standard with most keyboards now. I'd really like to have this please!!!

manmikey
06-14-2011, 1:36 AM
+1
I just joined the forum to say regreattable that I can no longer continue to use Swype as after just a few weeks the amount of corrections I have to make after finishing a sentence has risen exponentially as simple word are replaced by junk words that the swype dictionary has learned...I found it a joy to use initially but I am going back to using a traditional predictive keyboard (Samasung Galaxy S2 with preloaded skype) untill this matter is improved...
(I cant try the beta 3.0 as my phone is not rooted and swype is preloaded, I have to wait for samsung to update via a firmware update)

jolo100
06-14-2011, 3:06 AM
+1
I just joined the forum to say regreattable that I can no longer continue to use Swype as after just a few weeks the amount of corrections I have to make after finishing a sentence has risen exponentially as simple word are replaced by junk words that the swype dictionary has learned...I found it a joy to use initially but I am going back to using a traditional predictive keyboard (Samasung Galaxy S2 with preloaded skype) untill this matter is improved...
(I cant try the beta 3.0 as my phone is not rooted and swype is preloaded, I have to wait for samsung to update via a firmware update)

manmikey,
Great post.
You echoed my experience with Swype. With the initial "this is great", to coming to the realization a few short weeks later that I cannot use Swype anymore.
Besides the embarresing inaccuracies, it just takes forever to have to manually edit documents after they are completed.
I was really annoyed, when I found out that, as a "pre-installer", I can't use the 3.0 beta. It is not exactly like Swype has been busy releasing bug fixes.
As for Samsung Galaxy users like us, who knows if an improved Swype will ever be available for us. Swype has chosen to negotiate some kind of deal with Samsung, rather than release bug fixes and enhancements. I think Swype is wanting some serious money from Samsung to do this.
It "smells" like Swype is far more focused on marketing and short term Corporate deals than being focused on their customers.

As an FYI, I am using the SwiftKey tab beta. That does the opposite of Swype. The more you use it, the faster and more accurate it becomes.

Jon

Samsung Galaxy Tab GT-P1010 -WiFi Only

brian.resnik
06-14-2011, 7:17 AM
Clever users should go watch our 2 new videos posted on youtube for Swype v3.0. If you pay VERY VERY close attention, you MIGHT see something special in one of the videos ;)

jolo100
06-14-2011, 6:23 PM
Clever users should go watch our 2 new videos posted on youtube for Swype v3.0. If you pay VERY VERY close attention, you MIGHT see something special in one of the videos ;)

Brian,
Please remember that watching the new videos for v3.0 will not help me.
Not, would it help the other thousands of Swype customers who have Samsung Android products and the others who have Swype pre-installed on their mobile devices.
It is not for technical reasons, but due to a Swype Corporate decision, to withhold v3.0 from us.
I am more than willing to give my time and feedback on the v3.0 beta and help Swype become a better product. It would be a win-win situation, but it is Swype decision to hold back beta versions, new releases, bug fixes and enhancements to us "pre-installers".

I am not a betting man, but I would bet that the largest community of Swype users(customers), are "pre-installers".

Thanks,
Jon

sooeec
06-15-2011, 2:13 AM
This is a screenshot of the single frame in the Youtube video: http://twitpic.com/5bnsrq which would be, you know, actually USEFUL information if you explained how to access the dictionary editing feature. I asked on Twitter and received a *hilarious* response of "no we're not going to tell you" (with an equally *hilarious* smiley face)

Clever Community Relations staff would actually support their product and answer queries from users.

dodongitri
06-15-2011, 7:08 AM
so does that mean it's already available on 3.0? and it's not being advertised? or it'll be in the next update, two - three months from now?

shaffnert
06-15-2011, 8:51 AM
I share the frustration of many of the above users about not being able to delete words. As I saw in another forum, the word 76ers is a prime example of a phrase I would never ever use but that I get every time I try to type in a time that starts with 7. Immensely annoying.

So my understanding is that there are default Swype dictionary words and then there is the user dictionary, to which I can add and remove words. Is it possible to get an "Avoided words" or "Removed words" list added so that words that are in the default Swype dictionary can be set to never appear? Then I could add my 76ers word to the "Never use" list and it would be like I'd removed it from the dictionary. Is this feasible?

The better alternative would be if I could actually remove it from the default dictioanary, but I get the impression that's not possible so the above is my feature request to fill the gap. Thanks!

yurkennis
06-15-2011, 1:32 PM
Brian, do you have a more constructive answer than "find those videos, watch them from beginning to end and guess what I mean" ?
I love idea of viral marketing, but it should be relevant.
And -- I found two of them uploaded recently, but neither answer questions from this post.

jolo100
06-15-2011, 2:31 PM
Brian, do you have a more constructive answer than "find those videos, watch them from beginning to end and guess what I mean" ?
And -- I found two of them uploaded recently, but neither answer questions from this post.
Yurkennis,
Great post, direct, insightful and to the point.
I love it when I see it when customers see through a feeble, distant and condescending Corporation's marketing and executive management.
Swype's decision makers totally misjudge the intelligence of their customer base.
Fortunately we have a choice of products to use.

From a frustrated member of Swype's "pre-installers", who make up the majority of Swype's customers, yet Swype is intentionally holding back usage of v3.0, bug fixes and enhancements now and in the future.
Jon

brian.resnik
06-15-2011, 2:59 PM

Unfortunately I cannot comment any further on plans for future feature releases. The comments sections of the longer of those youtube videos may provide some insight for you.

Yurkennis,
Great post, direct, insightful and to the point.
I love it when I see it when customers see through a feeble, distant and condescending Corporation's marketing and executive management.
Swype's decision makers totally misjudge the intelligence of their customer base.
Fortunately we have a choice of products to use.

From a frustrated member of Swype's "pre-installers", who make up the majority of Swype's customers, yet Swype is intentionally holding back usage of v3.0, bug fixes and enhancements now and in the future.
Jon

See my above reply, and also please know that we never intentionally withhold updates from our users. At this time, we do not have a viable method of updating preload users without assistance from the OEMs/carriers. We make updates available to them, for free, at all times and it is at their discretion when to release them to their users. We are continuing to investigate ways to update system-level applications like Swype without overriding any customizations that OEMs may have made or requested from us (such as specialized layouts, language configurations, and behaviors that are compatible with other OEM features). Making sure our users have the latest and greatest version of Swype really is important, and that fact isn't lost on us.

jolo100
06-15-2011, 3:04 PM
This is a screenshot of the single frame in the Youtube video: http://twitpic.com/5bnsrq which would be, you know, actually USEFUL information if you explained how to access the dictionary editing feature. I asked on Twitter and received a *hilarious* response of "no we're not going to tell you" (with an equally *hilarious* smiley face)

Clever Community Relations staff would actually support their product and answer queries from users.

Sooec,
I think you might have the best "post sentence of the year".
I was wondering if anyone was going to react to Swype's unbelievable Clever Users remark.

Swype's lack of respect for its customer base is made obvious by its reference to us as users rather than customers.
Absolutely, no direct answers.
I may be reaching on this, but I have a feeling that Swype's Brian was told what to post. Hard to believe that he would come up with that "clever customer" post.
Notice that only Brian is available on this forum from Swype. Swype makes sure that no one can send Brian or a Swype decision maker a private message.

Jon
A member of the Swype Pre-Installers customer group that Swype is withholding v.3.0, bug fixes and enhancements, now and in the future.

yurkennis
06-15-2011, 3:18 PM
Unfortunately I cannot comment any further on plans for future feature releases. The comments sections of the longer of those youtube videos may provide some insight for you.

I believe it's inconsistent. If Swype decided to put a teaser into its official promo video, why Swype community relations manager is not allowed even to name what is hidden there and whether or not it's (a) already a part of the released product, (b) something to be released pretty soon, OR (c) will not be available in the nearest versions?

For anyone else, I believe Brian meant these comments (but Brian won't correct me if I'm wrong):
= "dictionary edit and theme swap screens" per http://twitpic.com/5bnsrq
= "The 'lots more' flickering consists of 4 screenshots depicting a manual editing menu for words (first two), something that I believe would be an indication that the sprint nexus s will feature swype as a standard option and the last one has a different layout/theme." per http://www.youtube.com/comment?lc=yF9uyqs7GUSJXLBtfYekOlTRncQV1mOtuH5cl7d zmSA

jolo100
06-15-2011, 4:26 PM
I agree with you about Brian.
There is a saying that I think of when I think of Brian's role.
"Don't shoot the Messenger for the Message."
It is why I don't think that the "clever users" remark was his idea.
It is Swype's decision makers who choose to hide from their customers who are the ones that are making it so frustrating for us (and probably Brian?).

Jon

A pre-installer, so Swype won't let us use 3.0, bug fixes or enhancements.

bzmwillemsen
06-16-2011, 10:02 AM
I would love to see the option to edit the dictionary. It doesn't need to be very complicated.
Maybe even something as simple as what RIM has for their dictionary editor. A simple list with a search at the top.

I also find that sometimes I delete words and they keep coming back. Like the word "tinr"

brian.resnik
06-16-2011, 12:59 PM
Hey now, hey now, I'm mostly just having a little fun :) Didn't mean to put everyone off...

And no, the higher-ups aren't telling me what to say. I'm just trying to be a little secretive with something that our staff obviously decided to be a little secretive about anyway :)

To clear up any confusion:

The features depicted in the "teaser" frame of the video are NOT in the recently released Swype v3.0 BETA.
The dictionary-editing and skin selection features ARE currently in development and nearing completion.
I CANNOT give details on what will and will not be available as part of these new features, OR when each feature will be released (they will not necessarily be released at the same time) as we are still developing these features and things can frequently change last minute.

And again, jolo100, please understand that we DO NOT EVER intentionally withhold updates from our pre-install users. Version 3.0 is still in BETA and NOT READY for release through OEMs. When it is, we will make it available to them. AT THAT POINT it will be ENTIRELY at their discretion when to make it available to device owners. We cannot update preinstalled copies of Swype without assistance from the OEMs.

Thanks, and again, my apologies for the frustration. Just trying to have a little fun :)

fosterj2
06-16-2011, 1:49 PM
I would love to see a way to remove words from the built in dictionary as well! If not, what about having the predictive algorithm weight previous user selected words higher than other words with the same swype pattern so it "learns" how the user writes?

yurkennis
06-16-2011, 2:05 PM
fosterj2, please post your suggestion in a separate thread, and it will definitely find much more support from other users (including myself).

jolo100
06-16-2011, 6:42 PM
Hey now, hey now, I'm mostly just having a little fun :) Didn't mean to put everyone off...

And no, the higher-ups aren't telling me what to say. I'm just trying to be a little secretive with something that our staff obviously decided to be a little secretive about anyway :)

To clear up any confusion:

The features depicted in the "teaser" frame of the video are NOT in the recently released Swype v3.0 BETA.
The dictionary-editing and skin selection features ARE currently in development and nearing completion.
I CANNOT give details on what will and will not be available as part of these new features, OR when each feature will be released (they will not necessarily be released at the same time) as we are still developing these features and things can frequently change last minute.

And again, jolo100, please understand that we DO NOT EVER intentionally withhold updates from our pre-install users. Version 3.0 is still in BETA and NOT READY for release through OEMs. When it is, we will make it available to them. AT THAT POINT it will be ENTIRELY at their discretion when to make it available to device owners. We cannot update preinstalled copies of Swype without assistance from the OEMs.

Thanks, and again, my apologies for the frustration. Just trying to have a little fun :)

Hey now, hey now, I'm mostly just having a little fun :) Didn't mean to? put everyone off...

Brian,
Brian , excellent reply. If you saw my last reply, I hope that I made it clear that I believe that you are trying to be as responsive and helpful as you can.

I am concerned about the following:

we DO NOT EVER intentionally withhold updates from our pre-install users. Version 3.0 is still in BETA and NOT READY for release through OEMs. When it is, we will make it available to them. AT THAT POINT it will be ENTIRELY at their discretion when to make it available to device owners. We cannot update preinstalled copies of Swype without assistance from the OEMs.
Version 3.0 is still in BETA and NOT READY for release through OEMs. When it is, we will make it available to them. AT THAT POINT it will be ENTIRELY at their discretion when to make it available to device owners. We cannot update preinstalled copies of Swype without assistance from the OEMs.

It is a given that beta release is not to be considered a stable release. But, it doesn't answer the question on why "pre-releasers", can't be beta testers? Whose decision is that.?

It seems that what you are saying is that releases of any kind for Swype, for Samsung customers, is 100% the decision of Samsung?

From my experience, all released software is completed and never without bugs. . A release is a "frozen" moment in time that is made, as our needs are dynamic. It is also a given that there will be bugs and many more bugs will be found after all release is done. I don't care how long the beta testing is done and how many people test it.

I will assume that the largest population of Swype customers are from Samsung and the other OEM's, isn't that limiting the value of a beta test? Since Samsung has 100% of the responsibility for their releases, how are bug fixes and other install problems going to be fixed?

Can Swype make the beta release or other releases install separately from the Samsung version. I have seen this countless number of times with OEM for my PCs and my Palm PDAs.

I would happily pay a reasonable fee to get all versions come directly from Swype, as opposed to Samsung's OEM version.

I have installed many, many apps from the Android Market, Amazon, including other input keypads. It is hard for me to believe that Swype cannot figure out how to get any release of Swype installed on a Samsung Galaxy. [b]I would bet everything that Brian owns :-), that the OEM install issue is not a technical one, but a contractual, dollars(or Euros, as U.S. dollars are worthless :-)) one.

Thanks
Jon

brian.resnik
06-16-2011, 8:14 PM
Hi Jon, thanks for the kind words :)

There are 2 main reasons why preloaded devices aren't compatible with the beta program...

The first IS contractual (to a point), as you mentioned, but it's a pretty reasonable one: OEMs like Samsung and carriers like Sprint pay us for a product that is customized in several different ways for their devices. Sometimes it's a particular set of languages that come preloaded with Swype. Other times it's something like a particular look-and-feel (color scheme, button layout, etc). And then sometimes it's a compatibility modification. For example, on certain Motorola devices (such as the Atrix) we disable our double-tap functionality because it conflicts with Motorola's own double-tap behavior. They want their devices to behave in specific ways, and they pay US to provide a keyboard that meets those requirements. If we allow users to install the beta version of Swype, it would replace those customizations. We don't feel comfortable doing that when our OEM partners have paid us for those specific features and behaviors. That's a decision by US to respect our partners, NOT a requirement of our partners.

The other reason IS actually technical: Swype PreLoaded is installed on the system partition of the device (/system) which is read-only. In other words, we can't modify any of the files that come preloaded on the phone. In a typical situation there are two files involved: /system/app/Swype.apk and /system/lib/libSwypecore.so While we can, through standard android features, tell the system to use the post-installation version of Swype (the beta) it is more difficult to reliably guarantee that there aren't any conflicts between the pre-installed libSwypecore.so and the one that comes with the beta. Additionally, there are many cases where OEMs make changes to the Android framework to implement certain Swype features (such as the aforementioned double-tap behavior). We know that if this system "hack" for double-tap is in place, and the user tries to use a beta package that isn't expecting that "hack" it will cause some weird behavior. Currently, we have no way to detect during installation and modify Swype to behave differently if these framework modifications are in place. These two issues combined produce an untenable position with regards to installing Swype BETA on preloaded devices.

I can say that we are actively looking into a viable direct upgrade strategy for preloaded devices. It's something we know that users want, and OEMs want it TOO, so long as it doesn't create a situation where users are having a bad experience, or OEMs lose the customizations that they have paid for.

And yes, Samsung - along with the carrier who distributes the over-the-air updates - is in complete control of how and when their devices receive updates to Swype, since Swype is a system package on those devices and requires a firmware update to be modified. This goes for all OEMs that preinstall Swype, not just Samsung.

Hope this helps you understand where we're coming from on this issue :)

EDIT: I should also note that if your device is rooted, you can manually delete the system files I mentioned and try installing the beta. There are, however, no guarantees that it will work properly (though most root users have had success). This, however, falls into the realm of "not supported by Swype or your OEM/carrier" since rooting your device typically (in fact, ALWAYS as far as I'm aware) voids your warranty completely. Just thought I'd toss that out there ;)

Sixtofive
06-19-2011, 4:00 AM
I would love to see this implemented as well.

downstage
06-19-2011, 7:40 AM
I completely agree. I love Swype but some of the random dictionary quirks make it frustrating a little too often. Example: Whenever I try to type "1" (which is pretty common), it always insists on entering "10q" (which I have never needed to write in my life, and cannot see that I will ever need to in future). I can turn the word predictions off to prevent this, but I would prefer to remove 10q from the dictionary instead and keep word predicitions on.

jolo100
06-19-2011, 5:52 PM
I am
I completely agree. Example: Whenever I try to type "1" (which is pretty common), it always insists on entering "10q" (which I have never needed to write in my life, and cannot see that I will ever need to in future). I can turn the word predictions off to prevent this, but I would prefer to remove 10q from the dictionary instead and keep word predicitions on.

Hey!!, I thought I had the copyright for 10q!! :-)

This might seem bizarre, but I was thinking about starting a forum topic to post their favorite (or most hated)Swype "nonsense" words.
What do you think?
I have to admit that I am using a new beta version of a keypad other than Swype, but the spellings of Galaxy and most frustrating, the , used to drive me nuts.
For me, being a Swype pre-installers, it was great that I was able to download and install a newer version of the beta version of keypad am using. It was also great to all of the improvements that were made in the software, as per customer request.

Jon
I'm stuck with the current version of Swype for ever.

prateeque
09-20-2011, 12:43 AM
+1 to:
We are Swype Customers
Swype becomes worse as time progresses.
Deleting words from the Swype Dictionary is absolutely essential.
So close to changing my input method.

I believe that user experience is being affected. Leaving updates to the OEMs might be in the contract but the bottom line is that we are using Swype. It is Swype's responsibility to give it's customers the best product.

Looking forward to the next update.

shenglu
09-28-2011, 10:04 PM
I could not continue use, after just a few weeks, I have to complete a sentence after the amount of correction has been an exponential rise as a simple word is replaced by the trash-talking dictionary swype learned Swype.

wangtinkit
10-05-2011, 4:06 AM
The Swype latest version in a way is similar to the previous offerings in the sense that the user experience deteriorates with use. I have to pretty much correct 80% of the words in a sentence I type because it keeps coming up with wrong words due to the built-in dictionary which I cannot edit. I find this utterly disappointing (after so many "beta" versions) that this problem still persists.Please fix this asap otherwise I would have no choice but to switch to other keyboards.

brian.resnik
10-05-2011, 11:16 AM
For further discussion of this feature request, please see the new sticky thread: http://forum.swype.com/showthread.php?4687-Deleting-words-from-the-default-dictionary