PDA

View Full Version : Allow options for theming the Swype keyboard

Snowtoad
09-13-2010, 4:39 PM
I think it would be nice to allow an option to change the appearance of the Swype keyboard.
I've seen HTC_IME versions of Swype around which have the keys white and looks like the original HTC soft keyboard and it fits really well with HTC devices and looks nicer than the default swype.

What do you think?

cdunkle584
12-20-2011, 8:51 PM
I think it would be nice to allow an option to change the appearance of the Swype keyboard.
I've seen HTC_IME versions of Swype around which have the keys white and looks like the original HTC soft keyboard and it fits really well with HTC devices and looks nicer than the default swype.

What do you think?

I second that motion. There are several keyboards out there that have options for skins, I have even seen unofficial skins for Swype. The Swype keyboard is excellent, I love the Dragon Dictation feature. Now I want to skin those flat grey keys with my choice of colors and textures.
Thanks.

thevoiceless
12-21-2011, 3:11 PM
At the very least, we should be able to change the color of the trace and the suggested words. I know gray and orange seem to be the new Swype colors, but few will argue that orange fits Android's color scheme better than blue (looking at the direction it's going with Ice Cream Sandwich).

rob.boehm
12-26-2011, 12:14 PM
We've been wanting to offer theming options for the longest time; however several road blocks and detours have delayed the development. Now that language downloads are separate and key text is being overlaid on the screen with the system font it shouldn't be too much longer. A big problem with offering different themes on the beta is that with each language available in the pack you would download, the installation size would increase exponentially with every option (languages x themes). We still have some kinks to work out with the language downloads, but I hope it won't be too much longer. :)

Paleogirl2003
12-28-2011, 11:00 AM
I would also like this feature, as the old blue style definitely fits better with ICS than the new orange

zwgGtX
01-03-2012, 11:06 AM
+1 .......

GeekDrop_com
02-02-2012, 11:43 PM
I just installed the latest Swype on my rooted nook tablet as well as my HTC thunderbolt and notice that the color schemes are different on each one; my thunderbolt has the old blue/gray scheme while the nook has the newer black/gray/orange scheme. Is there some way to toggle which scheme gets shown? I like both, only thing is on the newer scheme the contrast between the letters and function keys isn't as much as I normally like.

--
GeekDrop.Com