PDA

View Full Version : september beta won't download (motodroid, cm6)

texaganian
09-13-2010, 7:30 AM
september beta won't download
I have been trying for the past six hours or so but have been unable to download the september beta.

Here the steps I've taken:
Deselect Swype keyboard. OK
Uninstall Swype & Swype Installer. OK
Reboot (just to be cautious). OK
Download Swype-Installer-18.apk via link in email. OK
Install Swype Installer. OK
Reboot. OK
Run Swype Installer. OK
Login. OK
Download Swype. HANGS

I have waited over an hour multiple times and the download did not complete. Previous versions never took more than five minutes.

Motorola Droid
cyanogenmod 6.0.0

Suggestions?

GirLuvsDroid
09-13-2010, 8:12 AM
The only thing that worked for me after trying every troubleshooting suggestion out there, was downloading Swapper2 from the Market and temporarily enabling swap using that app, before installing Swype. Once I had successfully installed Swype, I turned off swap and uninstalled Swapper2.

brian.resnik
09-13-2010, 12:26 PM
texaganian:

1. Please delete all copies of Swype-Installer-##.apk from the "download" folder on your SDcard. We need to make sure you're not accidentally using an old installer.
2. Make sure you're downloading over WiFi. This file is even larger than previous versions, with the addition of 2 more languages, so downloading over a cellular data connection is not recommended.
3. When you say that it hangs, is the "downloading Swype" message box still active? Or does the application itself actually freeze?