PDA

View Full Version : Can't login!

scot30
09-12-2010, 6:17 PM
Wasn't sure if I should post this here or somewhere else in the forum. I've had the Swype beta since June, and still have the original "welcome" e-mail. I received the e-mail about the September update today. Followed the directions to uninstall, clicked on the link in the e-mail to install, but when the Swype Installer starts up I don't recall what I used for my password. I've gone to the Swype web site and clicked on the link to reset my password, but I'm not receiving the e-mail to do the reset. I've tried twice, but still no e-mail. I've even checked the Spam folder, and it's not in there.

I noticed when requesting the password reset it says "...unless this email account is not associated with a Swype Beta account - Then no email was sent." If I received the e-mail about the September update, then doesn't that mean I'm part of the beta?? I'm entering my e-mail address that the e-mail about the September update was sent to. I have several e-mail addresses, but I'm sure I wouldn't have registered with any of my other e-mail addresses.

Are the Swype servers overloaded with people downloading the update, and the e-mail is just slow going out...or what's going on?

scot30
09-12-2010, 7:27 PM
OK...I got logged in. I used the password that I thought it was and got in. I had tried that password 2 or 3 times and it was telling me it was wrong password or ID before.

DaddyPants
09-13-2010, 9:56 AM
I signed up in june and cant login. I have tryied to reset my password and all i get is a thank you for registering email with no reset link. please help.

crazydog
09-13-2010, 1:09 PM
I'm in the same boat. I received my Swype beta activation on June 15th 2010, and I just got the email about the new version today. I try to log in, and I can't get in. Trying to reset my password doesn't shoot an email, making me think somehow I don't have an account anymore, even though I got the email.

Either that, or the account system/email system isn't working right.

Petnard
09-13-2010, 1:33 PM
I can't log in either. I asked that the password be resent to me using the email address I used to signup for the beta. So far, no email has arrived with the password. I hope that my registering with a username and pw for this forum didn't alter the original email and pw I had. Please advise. I need a password to download the updates for the Evo.

mr_beefy
09-13-2010, 1:35 PM
yea same for me, i did get a reset email and i reset the password, but neither the installer or pc browser can use the new password i have set.

Petnard
09-13-2010, 2:18 PM
something changed: I was able to log in and download the new version of Swype but first time it wouldn't register it. So tried again and now it's working. Still never received an email with password help though. Turns out I was using the correct one from the start, but something has been obviously down at Swype servers today.

MagicBobert
09-13-2010, 6:51 PM
Same here. I was able to log in to the My Swype area of the website no problem, but when I try using those same credentials in the new Swype installer it tells me to use the email/password I signed up with. Server issues?

jwest012
09-13-2010, 6:59 PM
Same here. I'm writing this without swype and its horrible.

jwest012
09-13-2010, 7:04 PM
It finally let me log in but then "installation failed". I thought u guys fixed the bugs.

aaron.roydhouse
09-13-2010, 7:23 PM
I have similar problems to people here. The updated beta installer won't accept the beta username and password. The username and password works fine to log into the beta website, and is the one I have used for previous installs, but with the new beta installer it will no longer work.

It always says: "Enter the user name and password you registered at beta.swype.com", which of course is what I am doing!

I uninstalled the previous beta Skype and the beta Swype installer, downloaded and installed the new Swype installer, ran it and enter the username (email) and password I have used previously, but now it is not accepted. I have tried many times today to be sure I typed it correctly.

Aaron.

mgcsinc
09-13-2010, 7:42 PM
I have similar problems to people here. The updated beta installer won't accept the beta username and password...

I'm in this exact same situation.

lolmensch
09-14-2010, 2:39 AM
i could imagine that you have to let them resend the invitation email because you need a new swype installer app as stated somewhere. dont know if that fixes your problems.

i think it is under MySwype and at the bottom resend the activation e-mail or sth like that.

mgcsinc
09-14-2010, 6:23 AM
i could imagine that you have to let them resend the invitation email because you need a new swype installer app as stated somewhere. dont know if that fixes your problems.

i think it is under MySwype and at the bottom resend the activation e-mail or sth like that.

Already tried this, and unfortunately still out of luck.