PDA

View Full Version : Phone swapped for repair

migr369896
09-12-2010, 6:46 PM
I had Swype running on my G1 and my Nexus One. Then I sent the Nexus (which is currently my main phone) for repair and HTC swapped it for a new one with a different IMEI. Now I can't get Swype on it. Can you guys help me out?

mkjkvi
09-13-2010, 1:29 PM
I had issues with My Verizon Incredible and they sent me a new phone. I now get the message "The ID of this phone does not match your registration at beta.swype.com. I have spend hours trying to solve this problem and can't find how to fix the problem. I have Android 2.2 on my new phone and it is a stock Verizon rom. Please help. Like the program but I'm about to give up. Getting answers is way too complicated.

sleppert
09-15-2010, 7:50 PM
Hey guys, just recovered from the same problem after I swapped my Moto Droid for a refurb unit. See this thread for instructions on how to have the beta team reset your account (ESN). http://forum.swype.com/showthread.php?1048-The-ID-of-the-Phone-doesn-t-match-your-registration

Just read the instructions carefully, and use pastebin.com (not pastebin.org) to capture your log output. The turnaround was about a day once I properly submitted the request.

Do NOT post your MEID/IMEI in the thread!

Cheers!