PDA

View Full Version : Bugs on new september release

humanoid
09-11-2010, 9:28 PM
Seem like the new release has a few bugs, vibrate on keypress doesn't work( stock keyboard is working) and the sound on keypress is grey out. I am using a dell streak.

brian.resnik
09-11-2010, 9:44 PM
Vibrate on keypress works just fine for my device. As does sound on keypress. Please make sure that all vibrate and sound options under the general android settings are correctly set. These settings may sometimes override Swype's settings.

humanoid
09-11-2010, 10:38 PM
The previous version for vibrate was working fine, I did not adjust any setting, if I were to switch to the stock keyboard the vibrate work just fine. The sound option was completely grey out. There was no way for me to select it. Does it only happen to me only... Reinstalling doesn't help.

Joel English
09-12-2010, 11:55 AM
I've got a TELUS HTC Hero still running Android 1.5 (boo). I've got no vibrate on keypress (works with the stock keyboard), but I do have sound. I much prefer the haptic feedback to the clicks though.

mustardpie
09-12-2010, 1:11 PM
Vibrate and audio feedback work fine in my setup.

Plaguez
09-12-2010, 3:12 PM
Both work fine for me on my htc desire (2.2) and with swype 2.4.44.......

JMKosmo
09-12-2010, 4:03 PM
I have a HTC Incredible with 2.2 and when I reboot I still have to switch keyboards to get Swype to work. I installed the September release last night and I still am having problems with Swyping. I can trype fine with the keyboard, I just can't swype until I choose the stock keyboard and then switch back to swype.

kayst incredible
09-12-2010, 11:01 PM
I also am experiencing this bug but not until I installed the new beta. I have a stock Incredible running android 2.2.

When I upgraded to froyo, I uninstalled swype and reinstalled from the .apk file I had saved using Astro - I did not use the installer. The version on the apk was 1.56.30.7625. When I reinstalled that version, I had no problems with swype - it ran properly after every reboot.

After I uninstalled that version and installed the new installer and swype (2.4.44.10912), after a reboot swype will no longer swype until I reset the input to the stock keyboard and back.

bhushan
09-13-2010, 12:07 AM
I would like to also report the same issue mentioned earlier where after reboot the swype function no longer works
My phone currently runs froyo (HTC desire) ....I have to reinstall swype again for it to work...or manually alternate between the default keyboard and swype keyboard for swype to work...

brian.resnik
09-13-2010, 12:20 AM
bhuashan, kayst, JMKosmo: We already have a thread going discussing this issue in our "Troubleshooting" section. It seems limited to the Droid Incredible at this time. Head over there to learn more.

BuLLeTZ
09-13-2010, 10:25 AM
Motorola Droid, I received the update email yesterday 09/12/2010. I un-installed the old version as was instructed , and now the new version will not install gives me the error message:

This is the message I am receiving when I attempt to reinstall Swype on my Motorola Droid. "Swype installer is expired. login a beta.swype.com to get a new version." I do as directed and I am not still able to reinstall Swype. It just keeps repeating the same error message. I have un-installed everything hoping for a fresh response after rebooting my clean phone and still receive the same message.

My only question is when will the new version be available? As I use it constantly I hate not being able to use it.

lyndonimus
09-13-2010, 11:11 AM
yes. vibrate and sound no longer work with the new swype update... makes its rather annoying to use.

am running sony x10 1.6 i think, 2.1 no released yet.

migr12432517
09-13-2010, 2:31 PM
the update has awful predictive text. The previous version worked much better. I dont know if its due to lag or the new predictive text algorithm. Either way it constantly predicts words with letter that the "path" didnt even go through. This is very disappointing. -HTC HERO (CDMA) android 2.1

adamhlj
09-13-2010, 2:48 PM
Double tapping a word to bring the word selection box up doesn't work still for the new update. You have to highlight the word and then tap the swype key.

kengound
09-13-2010, 3:50 PM
I need to know if Swype works on HTC Evo 4G running Froyo 2.2.
I downloaded the new Swype update and installed it. Swype keyboard is present and swype trail present when swyping a word, but then when I lift my finger there is a beep and nothing is typed. If I use same keyboard and tap each letter it types the letter, just not when swyping.
Have I missed a setting?

kengound
09-13-2010, 5:48 PM
re-downloaded Swype and reinstalled app. now it works fine

judgejosh
09-13-2010, 6:48 PM
Motorola Droid, I received the update email yesterday 09/12/2010. I un-installed the old version as was instructed , and now the new version will not install gives me the error message:

This is the message I am receiving when I attempt to reinstall Swype on my Motorola Droid. "Swype installer is expired. login a beta.swype.com to get a new version." I do as directed and I am not still able to reinstall Swype. It just keeps repeating the same error message. I have un-installed everything hoping for a fresh response after rebooting my clean phone and still receive the same message.

My only question is when will the new version be available? As I use it constantly I hate not being able to use it.

I have a very similar problem. Using Droid 1, Froyo, Verizon, stock ROM, not rooted. I uninstalled everything as site suggested, then re-downloaded and reinstalled. I get the haptic feedback and the blue tracing line, but the text I've swyped never appears in any text boxes. After a few minutes of this, I get an error message that says something to the effect of:

Your version of Swype is designed for another device and thus will have limited functionality.

(That's not verbatim, but it only comes once, right after you install.)

Also, if you're moving all support from email to the forums, please remove all the links on your site inviting feedback via email.

malathion
09-14-2010, 3:27 PM
I have a very similar problem. Using Droid 1, Froyo, Verizon, stock ROM, not rooted. I uninstalled everything as site suggested, then re-downloaded and reinstalled. I get the haptic feedback and the blue tracing line, but the text I've swyped never appears in any text boxes. After a few minutes of this, I get an error message that says something to the effect of:

Your version of Swype is designed for another device and thus will have limited functionality.

(That's not verbatim, but it only comes once, right after you install.)

Also, if you're moving all support from email to the forums, please remove all the links on your site inviting feedback via email.
I have this exact same problem with my Droid 1 running Cyanogenmod: glad to hear you got it with a stock ROM as well. I wish I had some way to roll back.. what ever will I do without swype? :(

Denakisland
09-14-2010, 10:50 PM
I'm having the same issue of not being able to swype. I have installed and reinstalled and it hasn't helped. The only way it will work is by selecting stock keyboard and then reselecting the swype keyboard.
They keyboard is also generally unresponsive at times for no apparent reason.

malathion
09-15-2010, 1:35 PM
Okay, I fixed this on my Droid 1 using the following steps, though I'm not sure which of them did it.

1. I went into settings-> app management and moved some of the biggest, space-hogging apps to sdcard (in my case Google Earth and GReader, for 20mb each)

2. I uninstalled swype and swypeinstaller

3. I rebooted the phone

4. I used Advanced Task Manager to manually end as many tasks and widgets as possible

5. I went through the installation procedure again

That did it for me. If you get to the point where it says "Registering..." you have succeeded. Good luck!

voicegirl1
09-15-2010, 8:35 PM
Installed new Swype on Sunday night and it's been battery drain ever since. I thought perhaps I'd installed it wrong, so I uninstalled both the installer and Swype, reinstalled, and its' still the same. Major batery drain, have to recharge 2-3x a day now. Ridiculous! It can't be Froyo, because that's been on my phone for a couple of weeks now. I'm on a Droid 1, and this is ridiculous!

voicegirl1
09-16-2010, 7:08 AM
Well, this does nothing to fix my battery drain problem. I don't have any space-hogging apps to move to my sd card. The largest is 12 MB (MailDroid - I'm on yahoo mail) and it doesn't allow me to move it to my sd card. Now what?

triggy32
09-16-2010, 1:54 PM
I have an xperia x10 and also have no vibrate on keypress with new beta version. Have tried all settings on android keyboard. This is not progress boys!!!

malathion
09-16-2010, 4:10 PM
Well, this does nothing to fix my battery drain problem. I don't have any space-hogging apps to move to my sd card. The largest is 12 MB (MailDroid - I'm on yahoo mail) and it doesn't allow me to move it to my sd card. Now what?
My post was a solution for people who have a different problem, namely swype not predicting words after installing the new version. I haven't (yet) noticed any problems with battery life, so I don't think my solution could help you. Good luck

alanjrobertson
09-22-2010, 3:56 PM
Agree with all the posts about worse accuracy, LOTS of 'hidden word' popups (I wish we could hide these), and problems with contact names being continually re-added to the dictionary. Not had any battery life issues.

HTC Desire running 2.2.

A.

PS - why can't we edit the custom dictionary directly, wouldn't that be easier?

Thefoodman52
09-22-2010, 7:29 PM
Here's an issue I've run into day after day with the latest release on my Evo... swyping the word work is near trucking impossible. Here, I'll try it below, seeing as I'm posting from my phone.

Wish with quirk quirk with quirk quirk quirk with with quirk quirk quirk euro quirk quirk with quirk quirk with soul quirk quirk quirk quirk quirk with with quirk quirk quirk work.

Look how many friggin tries that took! It's ridiculous! That's why I always have to tap it out.

jordob
09-25-2010, 8:44 PM
I just finally got the swype beta installed on a MyTouch 3g (non 3.5 jack), non-rooted using 1.6. The vibrate also does not work for me although it is checked in the settings and it works with the stock keyboard. The sound does work and both sound and vibrate are available to check or uncheck. Rebooting phone does not have an ipact.

brian.resnik
10-03-2010, 9:31 AM
Hi folks,

Sorry not to have gotten to you all earlier. The beta team has been pretty busy working on some back-end updates to make our support process easier (and thus more reliable).

We're looking into both the "no audio/vibrate options" and the "reduced accuracy" issues on our end. We've had some problems with a few development builds, so these issues may be related. The reduced accuracy may also be related to old caching data remaining in the Android Dalvik-Cache after updating. If the caching data is formatted for the previous version's prediction algorithm, it may be interfering with the updated version. We never intended Swype to be updated using the methods we do for the beta, so it may be an unforeseen consequence of that.

If you're experiencing the "no audio/vibrate options" issue, we'd love to know if clearing the Swype app's data, uninstalling, toggling all Android vibrate/audio settings, and reinstalling Swype resolves the issue for you. Also, if you haven't already in this thread, please post your full device info as requested in the "how to post a bug report" sticky.

Thanks for the awesome bug reporting! I'll let you know as these issues progress.

gagz135
10-05-2010, 9:01 AM
To preface, this problem started all of a sudden about a week ago, making it extremely difficult to use.

Whenever I type and the wrong word is entered, I used to be able to double-tap the word, hit the swype button and select the correct word from the list provided. Now whenever I double-tap and hit the swype button, I'm asked if I want to delete the word from the dictionary (these aren't words that I've manually put in...but common sense words such as "white," "born," and "seem." So of course, I hit cancel, choosing not to delete the words. I then select the replacement word from the list, and then I'm always spammed with the Swype tip pop-up. I've disabled them in the options, so I don't know why they're coming up!! Help!! EXTREMELY annoying to use!