PDA

View Full Version : This Forum: COLORS ARE PAINFUL!

relaxer
09-11-2010, 7:04 PM
I am color-impaired individual (will not pass many of the color-blind tests), and I find the color selection of this forum to be really painful to my eyes.

I can't tell you what colors you've selected, but the 'blue-like' (not sure if it is blue, purple or something in between) just doesn't work.

kayst incredible
09-12-2010, 11:14 PM
Yes, I have normal vision and it's killing my eyes too. Surely they could let us choose another skin, please!!!

freedompeace
09-16-2010, 1:02 AM
Also, the color design doesn't really fit the site and stuff. S:

Vetdoctor
10-05-2010, 4:47 AM
Yes, ugly.

brian.resnik
10-14-2010, 4:35 PM
New layout is in the works. I know, it's painful for me too, and I'm the one who set it up in the first place :\ We were trying to get the forums up and running ASAP.

brian.resnik
10-28-2010, 12:45 AM
New color scheme applied. Let me know how you like it. Not the permanent solution, but should ease some eye stress for the time being.

MartinT
11-04-2010, 3:10 PM
Lets start here, I don't see any difference in the colors, black background, white letters and your waning in red. Meanwhile, I tried to log in as my vetdoctor self - from the desktop- and couldn't get the password to work. I clicked the forgot password link and tried 10 times to get the reCaptcha to work so I could send myself a new password, it would not recognise me. ...and....when I enter my username and password the fields look blank-white. I have to guess that I am typing the words in properly

brian.resnik
11-04-2010, 11:56 PM
Hi MartinT,

Can you tell me a bit about the computer and browser you're using? What resolution is your screen at, what version OS are you using, and what browser (and version) are you using? Thanks!

As to the changes, I didn't change the overall color scheme, but did even out a lot of the harsh colors. More grey, less black. More off-white less bright-white. And I removed some of the more prominent light-blue elements which were described to me as "garish" by one user, heh.

MartinT
11-05-2010, 10:37 AM
Windows XP, sort of, I'm on a thin client set up at work using Remote desktop to look at the server. IE7 is the browser. I went to my local desktop (not thin client) running WinXP with IE6 (yes, IE6) and the username/login has the same appearence though I accidently discovered that if I type the username, tab to the password and reverse tab then the username is visable in light blue so long as I don't type anything. In either setup there are not the ususal visable dots for the password.

Also I still can't log in as VetDoctor, nor when I try the recover password, can I get the reCapta to recognise anything I enter.

brian.resnik
11-05-2010, 12:17 PM
Unfortunately that sounds like incompatibilities with WinXP/IE7 and earlier versions of IE. I'll get in touch with the folks at vBulletin and see if there's anything we can do, but I'd recommend for now using either Firefox 3.6 or Google Chrome. In the meantime, regarding the reCaptcha problems, have you tried using the audio-playback option? When you go to enter the captcha, press the button that looks like a little speaker and it'll speak the reCaptcha words instead of asking you to read them. Also, reCaptcha can sometimes get out of sync with your browser cache, so try holding the shift-key and pressing the "Refresh" button while the reCaptcha is visible to refresh the page while clearing that page's cache.

Let me know if none of those solutions work for you and we'll figure something out to get you your old account back.

Darren
01-12-2011, 8:33 PM
I have exact the same feeling!
The red ones are killing my eyes.

misfortune121
03-24-2011, 3:14 AM
I love this thread
http://freeimagestocks.com/content/20/grey.png

handled_badly
04-02-2011, 1:53 AM
First, IE6 is ancient. A dinosaur. Dangerous. At least "upgrade" to version 8, if not Firefox or Chrome.

Second, every one of these browsers allows some control over page content. I used to be able to set colors for websites in Firefox, bet I still can.

Third, if everything still looks horrible in your beautiful new Firefox install, ask a nerdy friend to write a Stylish-based script for this website, that makes it more visible. If there aren't any Stylish scripts out there for this site already.

Sent from my Jax using Tapatalk

Rdevil
01-10-2013, 2:46 PM
I have feel it lil bit. But how you how pass color selection. It is very interesting, because we use internet daily and visit different sites in different colors. Some of them in hard color etc. So how we can confirm or choose right color which is suitable for eye.

With links like these:
http://webaccessibilityguide.com/css/text_and_colors.php
http://webaim.org/resources/contrastchecker/

The colours here look ok now, but ran into an issue with W8 and IE10 in metro UI.
The keyboard on the screen wouldn't stay active- I had to come to desktop mode to send a reply. First compatibility issue like this that I've come across.