PDA

View Full Version : Update won't install...

anr311
09-11-2010, 4:48 PM
Phone Make/Model - Droid Eris
Android OS (or ROM) version - xtr 3.0.3
Swype version - uninstalled- trying to install the update
What behavior did you expect to see? - install
What behavior did you actually see? - error
Did you uninstall Swype first? - yes
Is the device rooted? - yes

Every time I try to save the installer apk I get an error. It doesn't tell me what the error is.

Any help?

Thanks!

eluria
09-12-2010, 7:03 AM
Experiencing same problem here

Phone Make/Model - Samsung Galaxy Spica
Android OS (or ROM) version - 2.1
Swype version - uninstalled- trying to install the latest version
What behavior did you actually see? - error
Is the device rooted? - no

Hope it can be resolved soon ><

brian.resnik
09-12-2010, 9:04 AM
Hey folks. Please submit your debugging logs as described in our "HOW-TO" thread at the top of this forum. Thanks.

rashidi_zin
09-12-2010, 9:10 AM
Hi guys,

I had similar problem, whereby the install keep on stalling. I fixed mine by rebooting the phone and tried fetching the update again.

Seems to work for me.

anr311
09-12-2010, 1:29 PM
Hey folks. Please submit your debugging logs as described in our "HOW-TO" thread at the top of this forum. Thanks.

Wow, you sure don't make it easy, do you?

Here's what I have:

http://pastebin.com/NuXRSwjp

brian.resnik
09-12-2010, 5:27 PM
anr311:

The pastebin you linked me to only shows a "running processes" list, and not a full debug log. You can try again using SendLog, or alternatively try the application "Log Collector" (also free). It should do what you need. Thanks!

anr311
09-12-2010, 6:25 PM
I did all the steps indicated. If that doesn't work, I guess I just won't use Swype anymore. I wish I hadn't uninstalled it - it was working fine. I'm very disappointed.

jkrell
09-12-2010, 6:27 PM
I did all the steps indicated. If that doesn't work, I guess I just won't use Swype anymore. I wish I hadn't uninstalled it - it was working fine. I'm very disappointed.

Just go through the install process, and when the phone finishes installing Swype, instead of pressing "DONE", press the back button. This is not my fix, another user posted it in a different thread. But it works!

anr311
09-12-2010, 7:14 PM
I can't even get through the install process - when it goes to the download page, it errors out.

dbriani
09-12-2010, 7:18 PM
Experiencing same problem here

Phone Make/Model - Droid Eris
Android OS (or ROM) version - 2.1
Swype version - uninstalled- trying to install the latest version
What behavior did you actually see? - website states I am not using an Android phone. This is an Android phone!
Is the device rooted? - no

Hope it can be resolved soon ><

brian.resnik
09-12-2010, 7:37 PM
anr311: I'm sorry, I completely misunderstood where in the installation process you were having problems. If you're having trouble downloading the INSTALLER from our website through the link your email, then you've likely got an issue with your browser. Please check the entry in our FAQ for "This is not an Android device" and see if that doesn't resolve your problem: http://beta.swype.com/android/faq

jjoyce213
09-13-2010, 3:28 PM
I finally figured this out. Remember to download this installer and app using your default browser. I was trying to using skyfire and it would not work. When using the native browser there was no issue.

eluria
09-16-2010, 6:42 PM
I finally got it to work by rebooting my phone first! :)