PDA

View Full Version : Swype stopped working...reinstalling didn't help.

jstraw
09-09-2010, 8:52 PM
My tale of woe sounds a little bit like one thread...a little bit like another...so I'm not sure it's the same. So I'm risking the wrath of the community to ask what may be a repetitive question.

Background:

EVO...with Swype working beautifully for a week, then it stopped working. Still the Swype keyboard...still the blue trail...no swyping though. And tapping keys builds a word in the suggestion popup but no ither suggestion...just whatever's being typed.

Went to Language and Keyboard and unchecked Swype.

Went to settings>applications>manage applications and for both Swype and the Sype installer and for each, cleared data and uninstalled them.

Shut down the phone and restarted it. Had my invite resent...went through the entire download/install/register procedure.

Turned on Swype. No Swype keyboard appears, just the stock one. Language and Keyboard says I'm running Swype. It's still checked.

So, what now? I can no longer live without my Swype. Help me please.

brian.resnik
09-10-2010, 11:40 AM
Looks like you're forgetting to complete the last step in the installation: long-press any text-input box, select Input Method, and choose Swype to activate it as your default keyboard.