PDA

View Full Version : swype dont work anymore

hanschke
09-08-2010, 2:07 AM
if i want to write something i only got a blue border around the keyboard :confused:

bp88ma
09-08-2010, 6:56 AM
Found that this is my solution, hope it works for you:

"It sounds to me like you're experiencing a rare case of an old bug floating around. Fortunately, there's a simple workaround. When you see this error, try switching your Input Method back to the stock keyboard (by long-pressing any text box and choosing "Input Method"), then back to Swype."

hanschke
09-08-2010, 8:40 AM
so i need a fresh beta ;) thank you for the tip!

Mystitsu
09-08-2010, 12:22 PM
I have the latest beta and i STILL have this issue.

hanschke
09-08-2010, 1:15 PM
the latest beta is 1.54 you got with the installer. i mean a 1.6x build or do you have a newer beta?

dave.cox
09-08-2010, 4:15 PM
I had the same problem today, where I could not swype. What worked for me, was to completely uninstall swype, and then install app. Then re-run the installer, which will require you to log in again. The installer will then download the app again. After I installed the App again, it started working fine. Here's hoping that it keeps working.

Dave

jstraw
09-09-2010, 10:32 PM
I had the same problem today, where I could not swype. What worked for me, was to completely uninstall swype, and then install app. Then re-run the installer, which will require you to log in again. The installer will then download the app again. After I installed the App again, it started working fine. Here's hoping that it keeps working.

Dave

Those steps didn't work for me. bp's suggestion did...thanks!