PDA

View Full Version : Recent Forum Updates!

Jacob.W
01-16-2013, 4:33 PM
Hey all,

As you may have already noticed, we’ve made some changes to the forum! We reorganized everything so that it is cleaner and easier to use.

The following sub-forums have been merged into “General Discussion” under “Swype”
• The Swyping Experience
• Swype Media
• Bugs/Features for all users
• Everything non-Swype
• Swype Corporate News

Instead of having an entire section designated to general discussion, visit the sub-forum under “Swype.”

Linguistics for English and Non-English languages will stay where they are. As a company that specializes in and is passionate about products related to language we want to maintain all avenues for practical and theoretical discussions on these topics. Whether you have suggestions for words that should be added to/removed from Swype’s default dictionary, or you disagree with the placement of a key in your native language's keyboard, we want to be able to hear from you.

Known Issues:
We are also changing the format for the “Known Issues” sub-forum. You can use this section as a reference guide for locating issues/bugs you are running into. You will not be able to make new threads, nor will you be able to comment on existing issues.

The reason for this change is that it is up to us (Nuance, the publisher of Swype) to keep “Known Issues” up-to-date. This will provide you with a better idea of which issues are on our radar while also making them more accessible.

Please continue to use “Bug Reports (http://forum.swype.com/forumdisplay.php?17-Bug-Reports)” for reporting any issues you are experiencing!

Other Notes:
• Your links to threads in no longer existing sub-forums will continue to work correctly despite being relocated.
• Swype on OVI has also been incorporated into the “Swype” forum section.
• Minor tweaks and updates to the Forum that reflect recent changes are on the way :)

Let us know if you have any feedback or questions regarding the recent changes. Feel free to reach out to me via PM.

We look forward to your continued contributions to the Swype Forum! Your support and feedback have and continue to be invaluable!

Thanks!

-- Swype Community Management

ikjadoon
01-16-2013, 9:18 PM
Great changes...much easier to use! :)

veritovdr
04-23-2013, 10:36 AM
Its THE app so far been using it and it's tremendously accurate fast i can say enough do glad that i discover it ! I have suggestions to make , the keyboard size looks a bit small in my SII i would like the keys size to be resizable ! and more light skins to change the aspect of my phone

JoannaC
06-02-2013, 7:53 PM
I uninstall my Swype Beta on my android, how can i sign in back, it said my ID and psw are wrong...

hansather
07-14-2013, 6:47 AM
I just created my profile and was trying to follow the steps to become a member of the beta user group. I can't find any groups to join, let alone the beta user
group. Is there an approval period before admission into groups? Thanks.

abristol
07-14-2013, 4:39 PM
im having the same problem as joanna c

bberryhill0
07-14-2013, 6:50 PM
The Tapatalk plug-in is really, really, really out of date.

Sent from my Incredible 4G using Tapatalk 4 public Beta

theefaithful1
09-14-2013, 8:59 AM
Well I am hoping to once again become a beta tester.

Newfietom
09-29-2013, 3:17 PM
Yes, this thread and the one on auto spacing (between words in a URL) in SMS and web applications is a great disappoointment to people like me who have loved using Swype up until now, and -- at least inmy case -- has been a loyal promoter of the product.

How verysad to see their unique method of enetering text for those of usnwho don't care to solely use a touchpad.

I'm fortunate I have a physical keyboard I can use as backup when Swype fails to satisfy... when Swype fails to preform.

Newfietom
09-29-2013, 3:24 PM
Yes, this thread and the one on auto spacing (between words in a URL) in SMS and web applications is a great disappoointment to people like me who have loved using Swype up until now, and -- at least in my case -- has been a loyal promoter of the product.

How very sad to see their unique method of enetering text for those of us who don't care to solely use a touchpad.

I'm fortunate I have a physical keyboard I can use as backup when Swype fails to satisfy... when Swype fails to preform.

Newfietom
09-29-2013, 3:27 PM
I just created my profile and was trying to follow the steps to become a member of the beta user group. I can't find any groups to join, let alone the beta user
group. Is there an approval period before admission into groups? Thanks.

I had a very similar, disappointing expeeience. Considering my first three posts, I don't expect it to be long before I'm told I'm not welcome.