PDA

View Full Version : Swype partially not working

m0rn1ng5t4r
09-05-2010, 2:32 PM
After the last reboot of my Droid 1 running 2.2, Swype has stopped fully working. I can touch-type, but swyping itself (dragging my finger across the keyboard to write words) doesn't. Uninstalling, downloading a new installer, and running it has not fixed the problem.

Any suggestions?

bp88ma
09-08-2010, 6:58 AM
Found this resolved the same issue for me:

"It sounds to me like you're experiencing a rare case of an old bug floating around. Fortunately, there's a simple workaround. When you see this error, try switching your Input Method back to the stock keyboard (by long-pressing any text box and choosing "Input Method"), then back to Swype."

brian.resnik
09-08-2010, 6:07 PM
Thanks bp88ma. That's exactly the response for this issue :)

m0rn1ng5t4r, please try the suggestion he posted. If that doesn't resolve the issue, please follow the "HOW-TO" guide instructions for asking for help, and make sure to include your debugging logs. Thanks!

m0rn1ng5t4r
09-09-2010, 9:32 AM
Problem solved - it turned out to be an app cache issue. When I was following the above steps, I re-installed the app, found it didn't work, then when I went to un-install it I noticed the Clear Cache button. Cleared the cache, then un-installed, then re-installed, and voila!