View Full Version : Incredible Froyo = No Swype

sprocket71
09-05-2010, 6:46 AM
Device Make/Model = HTC Incredible
Wireless Carrier = Verizon
Android Version = 2.2 Froyo
ROM Version = Stock
Are you using APPS2SD = No
Full text of the error message you are receiving = No error message, nothing. It shows installed but never shows up when using an application which requires text input. Swype shows in the settings for the keyboard but is non-existent.
What troubleshooting steps have you completed so far = I followed the basic troubleshoot. Un-installed, re-installed etc...several times to no availl
Are you a ROOT user - No

KimJSCP
09-07-2010, 3:29 PM
I am having the same trouble on my Incredible (same set up as above), but originally had the trouble in Android OS 2.1 after temporarily disabling Swype. When I re-enabled it, it acted like it did not exist. I un-installed and upgraded to Froyo 2.2, downloaded the updated version of Swype and then reinstalled and am still having the same trouble. No Swype! Please help!!

brian.resnik
09-08-2010, 6:03 PM
Sounds like you're both forgetting to complete the last step of the installation process: activating Swype as your default input method (in addition to enabling Swype in settings). All you should need to do is long press on any text input field (that's the box where the text shows up when typing), select Input Method and choose Swype as your default option.

Let us know if that doesn't resolve the issue for you both.

sprocket71
09-10-2010, 4:53 PM
Bingo! Bingo! OMG...I don't know what I would do without my Swype. I hated life without it. Thank you so much.

jayp.chan
09-11-2010, 1:21 PM
Hello Admin

I also have an incredible. My issue is that I am trying to reinstall Swype back into phone, but when I follow the link in the email invitation the browser keeps saying that I don't have an Android device. Please advice.

Thanks

brian.resnik
09-12-2010, 12:00 AM
You can find the solution to this issue in our FAQ: http://beta.swype.com/android/faq