PDA

View Full Version : Double install - Dictionary gone from upgrade 1.0.3 to 1.3

xzab711
12-17-2012, 10:12 PM
I upgraded my swype because out of nowhere it said "trial expired" and forced an upgrade (while instantly stopped working). I upgraded, using the upgrade option I had on my phone and it installed swype 1.3 RIGHT NEXT TO "Swype Beta". So now I have 2. However, my issue is that my personal dictionary of a thousand words ONLY works for the old one (which is disabled because it 'expired'). My new one has a new empty dictionary list.

So my question is: How can i get this list into the new one? I don't see any way to get to my personal dictionary when plugging into USB or via any possible "export" or "copy" functionality in the 1.0.3 version.

I am on: Samsung Galaxy Nexus - Verizon - Jelly Bean

ANY help would be appreciate, as I spent A LOT OF TIME creating that list.

Thank you.

sajalb
12-18-2012, 4:56 AM
I'm suffering from the same problem, got two version installed, how can I import from the old 1.0.3xxx version into the new 1.3.xx version..

The sticky thread talks about import and export from versions below 1.0

sheeper
01-16-2013, 1:54 PM
Same problem here, please can you provide me a solution?

David Johnstone
01-23-2013, 3:06 PM
Hi All,

Swype Beta does now include the Personal Dictionary Backup & Sync feature which enables end users to backup and sync their personal dictionaries across multiple devices. This feature was introduced in Swype Beta v1.3 (http://forum.swype.com/showthread.php?6389) but is not available in versions prior. Therefore, there is no 'official' way to migrate a personal dictionary from version 1.0.3 to the current Swype Beta version (1.4.0).

For users with words they wish to add to their personal dictionary manually, just tap in the words you wish to add, select all (Swype key --> 'A' key), and then tap the Swype key. You will be prompted to add these words to your personal dictionary via a prompt in the Swype word choice list. A tap of this prompt to confirm will add all the words to your personal dictionary.

learnbelgium
01-26-2013, 4:28 AM
Hello Mr Johnstone,

I have the same experience as the one who started this thread.
My problem with the software is I can't add words to the dictionary. I followed your instruction to the letter but it's not saving in the personal dictionary.
Is there any way that I can completely uninstall the old version (1.0.3) because I think the Swype 1.4.0 have a conflict with the previous version.
Please advise.

Hi All,

Swype Beta does now include the Personal Dictionary Backup & Sync feature which enables end users to backup and sync their personal dictionaries across multiple devices. This feature was introduced in Swype Beta v1.3 (http://forum.swype.com/showthread.php?6389) but is not available in versions prior. Therefore, there is no 'official' way to migrate a personal dictionary from version 1.0.3 to the current Swype Beta version (1.4.0).

For users with words they wish to add to their personal dictionary manually, just tap in the words you wish to add, select all (Swype key --> 'A' key), and then tap the Swype key. You will be prompted to add these words to your personal dictionary via a prompt in the Swype word choice list. A tap of this prompt to confirm will add all the words to your personal dictionary.

mossief1965
01-26-2013, 6:33 PM
Hi All,

That would be fine if it actually worked but I have two devices which have Swype connect set up since install of 1.3 and both show last sync 40 plus days ago, touching on backup now does nothing. Good idea in principle but poorly implemented.

Sent from my A510 using Tapatalk HD