PDA

View Full Version : Can we choose to disable Swype tips?

donny1
06-27-2010, 1:48 PM
It could be my fat fingers, but sometimes when I hit "Shift" or "Sym" (or even sometimes when I hit "z" to start a word), the Swype key gets activated instead, bringing up the tips window.

I've read all the tips, and I'm pretty much done configuring it. Can the tips window be disabled in the options?

tygrr
08-07-2010, 9:12 AM
i would also like this as it keeps telling me a word has been "hidden" in the dictionary, and I don't really care about that since I can pick either word. It just gets in the way when I'm trying to type a message.

FastKatt
08-31-2010, 4:57 PM
Ya', that pop-up gets old...
How about a "check box" that says, "Don't Show This Again" ?

brian.resnik
08-31-2010, 5:07 PM
This one is known and being worked on. You should see something in a future release. Not sure when exactly - we have a lot of things on our plate that are higher priority - but we'll get to eventually! :)

spbrereton
09-01-2010, 9:55 AM
i would also like this as it keeps telling me a word has been "hidden" in the dictionary, and I don't really care about that since I can pick either word. It just gets in the way when I'm trying to type a message.

Although we were promised that previous posts were coming over, I don't seem to be able to find my seconding of this - it would be immensely practical - it's so annoying!!!

EDIT BY ADMIN: previous posts are in the "MIGRATED DATA" section of the forum, at the very bottom. We're still in the process of moving relevant threads to the main forum. Supporting current requests and preparing for upcoming announcements has taken priority. Sorry :(

jcanchan
09-07-2010, 4:31 PM
I think the ability to turn off that swype info key at the bottom left of the keyboard would be super convenient. I seem to press it by accident sometimes and it gets really annoying. Maybe allow us to customize what we want that key to be (eg; voice input, help, etc) or the option to not have it at all

Firefighterchen
09-13-2010, 8:30 PM
+1 on editing the swype button to be customizable. The hidden word pop up and not having voice recognition button are the only two problems I am having with swype.

Kash76
09-16-2010, 12:09 PM
Agreed, the tips are very annoying on the new release.

timothydonohue
09-20-2010, 4:40 AM
agreed on the super annoying. i joined the forum just to try and figure out how i may be able to turn that off. guess i can't :(

admanb
09-21-2010, 5:29 AM
This is definitely happening more in the new beta. We NEED a checkbox to not show this tip again or a setting to disable tips entirely. PLEASE fix this issue! It wastes so much time to kill, especially given my settings regarding the word choice window, that the efficiency of using Swype to enter text is significantly degraded at this point.

Mechashiva
09-21-2010, 1:02 PM

Yes, a hundred times yes. This has made Swyping about as fast as using the stock keyboard, every time I Swype a :-) , or any word that's similar to someone's name in my phonebook (added to the Swype dictionary automatically), I get this. This didn't happen nearly as much in the old version, any way to go back?

jommels
09-23-2010, 6:49 AM
In my opinion this is among the most annoying things about Swype, how is this not a higher priority or an easy fix. The checkbox option sounds like a 2hr fix at most?

This one is known and being worked on. You should see something in a future release. Not sure when exactly - we have a lot of things on our plate that are higher priority - but we'll get to eventually! :)

isochronous
09-23-2010, 7:54 AM
I have to agree that this should be much higher priority. We got the same answer before the previous beta update, and it was indicated that a fix should be in this update. Now I'm getting the damn hidden word notification every time I enter the word "to" and that's simply unacceptable to me.

I'm switching to swiftkey until this gets ironed out.

Shauncxc
09-25-2010, 7:01 AM
I don't have anything to say about this that hasn't already been said here, but I want that tip indicator gone so bad.

timothydonohue
09-27-2010, 5:55 PM
these swype 'tips' are KILLING me. i get at least one, if not more, for EVERY SINGLE MESSAGE i send. it's messed up.

I DON'T NEED TO HIDE WORDS. honestly, these should be immediately 'turn-off-able'. i'm sick of hearing about how i can erase my contacts' names, or how i can erase some other word, or whatever. i'm so sick of the swype window. it pops up so much that it impedes the quickness that swype used to offer. honestly, if you can't figure it out, let me choose the word, and let it be done. don't pop the stupid window up any more. ever. EVER.

gurluver
09-27-2010, 7:49 PM
In Swype settings, there's the option to disable Swipe Tips, but the very much annoying 'Hidden' word pops up every now and then, which is sooo annoying.

I can't believe Swype people don't think this is a high priority.

Wasn't swype introduced with 1 of the main reason being able to enter text faster? And that is impossible with this stupid and annoying 'Hidden' word pops up so often.

I'm so annoyed today when I typed in a sms with 5 times that pops up!!!!, that I decided to switch back to normal keyboard, eventhough I have fat thumbs.

pcb007
09-29-2010, 9:34 AM
I agree, this should definitely be a high priorty item on the to do list, i joined the forum for exactly the reason others have stated to see if i can turn it off, since the new Beta its getting ridiculous so i am back to the stock keypad until the option to disable that pop up is introduced.

rolliradi8
09-29-2010, 9:56 AM
Ohhh ja, thank you - please lets deside by ourselfes...

D1miguel
10-03-2010, 6:28 PM
Honestly, yeah. This is ridiculous. Every three seconds, I get a hidden word dialog box because Swype doesn't properly delete words. I just got it for doesn't. Please, make this a higher priority? Idc abt not being able to delete words, if this stupid window wouldnt pop up.

eitama
10-04-2010, 12:49 AM

I just had to reply to your post, I have stopped using swype which came pre-installed on my galaxy s, i'm using slideit - The only reason is the damn popups.
I don't understand what could be in a higher priority then this, you have a thread filled with people complaining about it. Totally unusable.

migr13250385
10-04-2010, 8:07 AM
i AGREE... The popup tooltip is getting into my nerve too, especially the one that advice me the word is hidden.. Arrghh..

cdb2322
10-06-2010, 9:27 AM

It's being worked on. That was 5 weeks a ago, can I get some progress updates or what? I'm no programmer but it wouldn't be that hard to delete that line from the code, would it???

I sent Brian Resnik a PM about this.

migr13250385
10-20-2010, 8:10 AM

Hi Brian,
I really hope that the team can put this into higher priority.. It really has a huge impact on the usability of your input..

jommels
10-27-2010, 7:59 AM
Please devote serious attention to this matter

tc4101
11-04-2010, 6:09 PM
i stop using swype coz of this... cant beleive they cant even REMOVE a useless feature... way too annoying... started using regular touch with predictive text and starting to like it again

rsb418
11-05-2010, 12:53 PM
Had to uninstall because of this problem and I refuse use swype until this fixed. Makes it unusable. Get a tip about a hidden word every time I use the keyboard, so it's back to stock for me.

brian.resnik
11-05-2010, 7:17 PM
Please refer to the following thread for information regarding the hidden-word popup: http://forum.swype.com/showthread.php?1233-quot-Hidden-Word-quot-Tip-Notification

Adevem
11-08-2010, 6:35 AM
It's annoying because it tells me I can remove this word to Swype better, then that word is hardcoded and cannot be removed. Paradox no? Please allow us to remove this "Tips Indicator" forever or something. lol.

migr13250385
11-09-2010, 1:56 AM
Yeah, especially the words come from your contact (like facebook friend that you hardly know), there is no way this word can be removed, except remove the friend from facebook completely. Typing on number like "2", will give you by default "2moro". I never type tomorrow as "2moro".

I still remember first version of swype is so simple and usable, subsequent refresh of beta make it more difficult to use. And it seems that the team take longer time to fix any complaint too..

xowktiger
11-16-2010, 2:39 AM
Yep, I'm not using this piece of **** anymore. One of my friends' names is Yiu. Every time I try to type you, it gives me this ****ing tip about how i can remove the name. Except I can't. Wow, genius. It's been almost half a year since this thread was started. Nice support. I'd rather call someone in India, it'd probably be much quicker. This hair is tickling so many *******s that there have been articles on how to remove/disable Swype on phones that come with it.
I just joined to start some ****storm.

gmguel
11-24-2010, 8:21 AM
The hidden word dialog makes swype unusable in spanish...

dirtboy
12-13-2010, 12:57 PM
I just got a Samsung Galaxy S a month ago and it has Swype installed by default. I can't downgrade it, only upgrade. This popup $hit is ridiculous. Please add me to the number of people requesting that you add an option to not show popups at all, ever.

98bowls
12-27-2010, 5:14 PM
Swype just lost yet another user to this silly issue. I saw Brian's post about the December update (http://forum.swype.com/showthread.php?1499-Swype-BETA-for-Android-UPDATE-December-2010). In it he says "You'll see much less of that pesky "Hidden Word" popup (though it will still show up once in a while). Names from the address book will no longer muscle out all other words for top spot in the word-choice-window."

I am here to say that I am running Swype version 2.7.49.12469 on an Evo (froyo) and it is ridiculous. It is impossible to swype get without getting gert, a contact that ALWAYS gets priority over a commonly used word. The same goes for you and tupou. Those are just examples. If it were just those two words maybe I could handle it... work around it... tap type those two words or something like that. But it happens all the time.

And as if double tapping it to correct the word every time isn't bad enough I have that hidden word tip come up every time too. It's averaging about three words per sentence.

I can't take it anymore!

And I know for a fact I'm not alone... one of my friends who is very technologically inclined has moved on. This, in turn, has caused many of our circle to do so as well as he is the one who people generally turn to for advice with computer stuff and android stuff in particular.

It's a crying shame since Swype has so much potential. I hate to see it crippled beyond use for something so silly.

Maybe I'll try it again in the future (after the next update?) but for now it's out...

niklas
12-29-2010, 11:29 PM
Created an account just to voice my frustration at this issue, something which i've been watching for a few months now.
I don't understand how a simple thing like this will takes so long to be addressed. I'm pretty sure most of the users here aren't asking for a more intelligent popup algorithm, or anything along those lines. I'd be perfectly happy with a single tick box option in the settings that disabled all these pop-ups. That itself should be extremely easy to code, a simple addition to the settings, and a simple logic check when these popups are generated. if hidepopups is enabled, then do nothing, else popup.

I've using the version that ships with the Galaxy S anyway, and I've probably seen 3-4 updates, and this simply didn't get fixed.

jjzeal007
01-14-2011, 3:48 PM
I Googled this issue and it led me to this thread...

I consider myself a power user. I want the quickest, easiest way to enter text into my phone. I have given up using your product because the hidden word dialog box interferes with my ability to type. It's just plain annoying. It's a nuisance. I don't care if another word is hidden (I don't need to know this!). Type the best word and if it's not the word that I want, I will delete it. Stop forcing me to exit my current typing, click out of the dialog box, and again click the text box to start typing again. This is not even remotely intuitive. It's just plain dumb.

It's been close to 6 months since the original post and this is still a problem. You're aware of the problem and you say you're going to fix it. Please do as you say and fix it! At least add a simple option to disable the feature!

matt1208
01-16-2011, 3:07 PM
What is higher on the list to fix? The stupid tips window popping up makes me want to disable swype. I don't care about words being hidden by other words. Seriously when is this going to be fixed?

dhollandos
01-24-2011, 3:34 PM
I cannot believe how insane it is that there is not a current option to disable this "hidden word" tip indicator. The more you use Swype, the more likely it is you will add your own words to the dictionary. The more words add to your dictionary, the more often the "hidden word" tip indicator pops up. This is an exponential thing here folks! For such an advanced keyboard system, it is mind baffling that a simple fix cannot be added to the options screen. It is SO annoying getting this indicator pop up. It has become so prevalent, I can now predict when this annoying pop up will occur. Albeit the amazing functionality of Swype in general outweighs the cons of this feature, or lack thereof, IT NEEDS TO BECOME THE NUMBER ONE PRIORITY RIGHT NOW!!!! What is occurring here is synonymous with a sprinter in the 100 yard dash. The sprinter puts all his effort into the first 90 yards, but quits 10 yards early and loses the race. Swype, you have done the same thing, you are the elite when it comes to advanced keyboards, but you quit 10 yards before the end of the race! Fix this now! This is insane!

doug6872
02-02-2011, 8:31 AM
Count me among those who have created an account for this issue. Is that why it's still not fixed? Is it just a way to drive more participants to the forum? Seriously, just give us an option to TURN OFF tips pop-up. Any speed gained using Swype is offset by that damn tips pop-up! FIX IT!

brian.resnik
02-03-2011, 1:40 PM
Not much more I can say on this other than that it is a) something we're keenly aware of and b) very near if not at the very top of our feature change/addition priority list.

Our feature development team tells me that we're getting close to finished on both 1) allowing the permanent removal of auto-generated dictionary words and 2) redesigning the "hidden word" functionality completely.

gosuxodo
02-04-2011, 3:46 AM
Just wanted to add my name to the "I registered just to complain about this" pile. I know you said you are addressing it, but maybe a couple more posts will push it to a higher priority or make me feel better or something. Please fix very soon.
Thanks

jonra678
02-04-2011, 6:11 AM
Add me to the list of "Joined to complain".

Regardless of it being worked on - it is absolutely insane that instead of putting out a smaller fix in the next release to turn this off (given how many of us are complaining about this "feature") you are redeveloping the entire functionality.

I'm in software dev, I get deadlines, project scope, code complexities, etc... so it's not like I have any idea what's going on behind closed doors and am judging the entire process... but good lord. Like was mentioned, this popup increases exponentially as you add more words to your phone. Right now I get this popup probably every 2-3 text messages. It's insane. PLEASE put a hotfix out or something. I've started going back more and more to my hardware keyboard at this point. :(

98bowls
02-07-2011, 5:26 PM
I understand the beta addresses this...

Any word on when the preinstalled versions will see some sort of fix in this area... It's driving me crazy!

IanS100
02-08-2011, 1:11 PM
I first installed Swype about 6 months ago & it was brilliant, but has got slowly worse with each update, so whilst I eagerly await the next update it's also with a great deal of trepidation, worried that the Coders at Swype will break it completely this time.

Aronsson
02-11-2011, 1:03 PM
Hi,

I'm new here, sorry if this has been dealt with/discussed in another thread. What is the status of the annoying tips windows 'Hidden' Word? It just unbelievable that anyone would put this 'tip' in the swype software WITHOUT means to disable it. Stop all you are doing and fix it. It's a shame that good software is destroyed by amateurishness like this. I mean, did anyone at swype actually try some of the phones you are licensing the software to? Get rid of it or competitors will make better software and swype is history.

Have a nice day!

schwan2
02-12-2011, 4:56 PM
Add me to the list of users registering on this message board just to complain about this auto pop-up. A shame to see such a great product ruined by something that could be so easily fixed.
Switching back to standard Evo keyboard until this issue is fixed.
Thanks.

fentekreel
02-13-2011, 4:47 PM
Count me among the people who will discontinue using swipe due to the broken tips, hidden words and others. I was thrilled using this in beta before it was put on my phone by sprint. Let me know when these are fixed and i'll consider using it again. I'm saddened by the response and fix that is not in existence.

Hidden Word Tip
02-15-2011, 7:56 AM
I also went through the hassle of registering here just to make this post.

the hidden word tip is ridiculously frustrating. A problem as simple as a stupid tutorial pop up should be easily fixable. I noticed this thread was started like 8 months ago. WTF

John Stryker
02-16-2011, 7:58 AM
Inept and incompetent

Those are the words I would use to describe the QA team and also Swype's ability to correct this BUG. It is insane the lackadaisical and haphazard approach (or lack thereof) that Swype takes to resolve this. I'M GIVING UP, THIS IS RIDICULOUS. I WILL NO LONGER USE SWYPE. This renders it useless. The main reason for Swype is to make texting quicker, not take longer.

brian.resnik
02-16-2011, 8:36 AM
A fix for this issue has been implemented in recent versions of Swype. The Hidden Word notification has been removed completely. OEMs can request updates from us for free, but it is up to them to push the updated version to their users. Swype PreLoaded cannot be upgraded without a system update from your manufacturer/carrier.

klobue
02-18-2011, 6:36 AM
A fix for this issue has been implemented in recent versions of Swype. The Hidden Word notification has been removed completely. OEMs can request updates from us for free, but it is up to them to push the updated version to their users. Swype PreLoaded cannot be upgraded without a system update from your manufacturer/carrier.

Is there some way we can go around the preload version and install a Beta that has this tip thing deactivated?
I loved my swype beta.

brian.resnik
02-19-2011, 6:11 PM
Is there some way we can go around the preload version and install a Beta that has this tip thing deactivated?
I loved my swype beta.

In theory, yes, but it requires rooting your phone and is not supported by Swype or your carrier/manufacturer.

The_JMD
03-08-2011, 2:59 PM
I'm going to get a different keyboard if this isn't changed soon, it's becoming incredibly frustrating. :mad:

jharper12
03-11-2011, 7:05 PM
This has been an issue since June of last year? I'm just now noticing how very frustrating this is, and also looking into alternatives. This is HUGE, I know the swype team has a lot on their plate, but this is, "an over the air update is bricking phones" huge. I routinely delete user created words, and I have this pop up happen at least once every other text message. I'm not a huge texter, but that's still very frustrating. Avg. teenager sends what, over 1,500 texts per month? At an average of two seconds lost per text, that's 25 minutes of wasted time a month, or 5 hours a year (assuming this issue pops up every other text). That's a lot of wasted time for an application that's sole purpose is to provide efficiency and speed to an otherwise tedious task. This is completely taking away from core functionality and purpose in this product, pretty huge deal I would say. Big fan of swype, always telling people about it, but this issue has really started making using it a rough experience. Let's use a few more analogies here:

This is like doing everything you can to eliminate weight on a bicycle, use a carbon fiber frame, titanium, spend thousands... and then use square wheels.

This is like building a computer with an i7 990X, GTX 580 tri-sli, Vertex 3 Pro SSD, Bluray, Windows 7 Ultimate, and then putting in 256 MB of RAM.

This is like leaving the door unlocked at Fort Knox.

It's like forgetting your toothbrush, on a colonization trip to Mars.

Like reading about a glaring error that's seriously slowing down your software focused on efficiency, and then just letting it slide for 9 months.

Like iterating the same point over and over again, but forgetting to write a concl

brian.resnik
03-12-2011, 8:06 AM
jharper,

We just released an update for the beta earlier this week that should resolve this issue. The hidden word window will now only appear once per installation. Please grab the latest version and let us know if you continue to have issues.

hanseric
03-13-2011, 1:30 PM
Thank you! Great news. Very tired of this pop-up as well.

sarmasboy
03-16-2011, 3:11 PM
Is it possible to apply this update to Samsung Galaxy S somehow?..

misfortune121
03-18-2011, 3:09 PM
thanks for the info
http://freeimagestocks.com/content/20/grey.png

brunch43
04-04-2011, 9:34 AM
jharper,

We just released an update for the beta earlier this week that should resolve this issue. The hidden word window will now only appear once per installation. Please grab the latest version and let us know if you continue to have issues.

Hello I am new to this thread....I own the HTC Evo 4g and swype was already installed on my phone, is there any way of updating it to fix the problems associated with the tips screen?

kirkjt
04-07-2011, 6:43 AM
Same here on the EVO 4g, I finally got so sick of the stupid pop up that I disabled Swype. I may go back if you've managed to fix it.

Guilherme Ferro
05-06-2011, 6:19 PM

I am very upset to hear this.... Swype is indeed a great tool and has great programmers but it seems you guys need to know more about user interface. This can kill a good program. This tip window is a real pain in the A$$ ! I now have disabled the word selection window because one cannot survive with this tip window. I hope you can review your "higher priorities" because this should be the first one, since the tool is working fine. Its just a checkbox, come on!

bEVO4G
05-28-2011, 9:00 AM
Same here on the EVO 4g, I finally got so sick of the stupid pop up that I disabled Swype. I may go back if you've managed to fix it.

/bump. same with me on the EVO 4G. Any update?

000.Weasel.000
06-13-2011, 3:38 PM
Come on people, how much longer must we be made to suffer this completely useless waste of time!?!?! I mean, this issue has been known for almost a YEAR NOW!!! When I first obtained my Samsung Galaxy S Vibrant 10 months ago, the first few times I saw this message, I learned the tip, but 10 MONTHS LATER, DO I STILL NEED TO SEE IT???????? PLEASE GIVE US A WAY TO TURN IT OFF ALREADY!!!!! AAARRRRGGGHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

yurkennis
06-15-2011, 1:41 PM
Brian, any chance to disable any other tips, beyond the hidden-word one?
For example, upon switching to SYM keyboard, tips are still there to be tapped accidentally...

brian.resnik
06-16-2011, 10:34 AM
yurkennis: Unfortunately there is no way to remove the Tips button completely.

yurkennis
06-16-2011, 1:37 PM
Brian, you don't need to remove the Tips/Swype button completely; just allow experienced users to turn off all that annoying pop-ups that are not helpful for them for many months already, and just distract from focusing on typing.

00sivan
06-24-2011, 5:05 PM
Hey great try, guys. It's a great idea for an app and you almost have it. Just a silly popup that prevents text submission in a lot of different apps including Facebook. Swype is by far the best looking and feeling Android keyboard, and by far the only one that is unusable over something that seems so trivial. I guess you guys really worked that popup deep into the code huh? bummer... Well, maybe someday Swype will be an option again. For now, I'll have to deal with ugly competitors that don't have buggy popup tips :p

QueenofMay
07-11-2011, 7:12 AM
Yes! Yes! I HATE that pop-up!!!! Kill it!!!!! PLEASE!!!!!

rudi4711
07-11-2011, 2:08 PM
The "hidden word" hint destroys the whole time saving, since it just keeps breaking my flow of writing.
This make Swype unusable.

Galaxy S i9000

ghuys6
07-21-2011, 7:38 AM
I'm registering here specifically to post this. I can't believe there's still not a way to manually disable the "hidden word" popup. I loved swype from the beginning but now it's unbearable to use because of this small little issue which is HUGELY ANNOYING. I've read the "hidden word" popup so many times I can quote it by heart, word for word. And as others have posted before, we just need to have a checkbox to turn it off.

At this point it's simply a pain to type with swype. This is my only complaint with swype but it's enough to make it unusable, so I'm sadly ditching it and will now use something else.

Raskolnik
07-30-2011, 10:20 AM
I really like Swype, but enough is enough. This ANNOYING Tips screen keeps telling me bla, bla, bla about the hidden words. I donīt care about it. I just want to type fast and choose the correct word from the list if it is necessary. Besides, this "helpful" tips prevent me from sending messages in Facebook chat clearing what Iīve just typed. Today I got completely tired of this and bought Swiftkey from market. It is a pain that a so cool app like Swype keeps this drawback. I donīt see any reason for not giving us the simple option of disabling this useless pop-up screen.

brian.resnik
08-01-2011, 12:56 PM
The hidden word popup has been removed from versions past I believe 2.30. If you're still seeing hidden word popups then you need to poke your OEM/carrier about getting a newer version of Swype pushed to your phone :) Sadly, we don't have control over when OEMs deliver updates, but this issue has been fixed for a long time now (over something like 8 months now?) in newer versions of Swype.

brad_663
08-02-2011, 10:10 AM
Not sure how accurate that statement is due to my phone having Swype v. 2.8 and still have the issue with the tips indicator popping up a ridiculous amount.

brian.resnik
08-02-2011, 10:21 AM
brad_663: 2.8 is actually older than 2.30. Our versioning system isn't using those decimals as actual decimal places, but as "version type" separators.

2.8.34.14203 means: Major version - 2, minor version - 8, patch version - 34, commit version - 14203
2.30.67.15682 means: Major version - 2, minor version - 30, patch version - 67, commit version - 15682

As you can see from the above, 2.8 is an earlier minor version than 2.30 (in other words, the 0 there actually counts)

Indeed v2.8 still has the hidden-word popup issue. Sorry :(

matthew11093
08-05-2011, 5:40 PM
hey guys see you again! thanks for the update.....

seniyajw
08-09-2011, 12:11 AM
Is that still is not fixed? Is it just a way to attract more participants to this board? Seriously, just give us an option to disable pop-up tips. The maximum speed obtained with Swype is compensated by the council damn pop-up! Fix It!

GtzKuba
08-14-2011, 1:35 AM
Hey im using a android comet and it says version 2.2 how do i get 2.30 or whatever the version is?
those tips are so annoying. thanks.

rob.boehm
08-14-2011, 8:43 AM
GtzKuba, sounds like what you're looking at is your Android version. Your Swype version should be at version 3 or greater. Contact your wireless provider for information on how to upgrade your version of Android if an update is available.

yurkennis
08-16-2011, 1:43 PM
Some hope:

Tips and Toast: Helpful tip pop-ups that fade out after 5 seconds. Users have the ability to turn this feature off in Swype settingsQuote from the yesterday's thread "Swype on the Sprint Nexus S 4G" here at Swype Forums.

yurkennis
08-27-2011, 2:13 PM
Some hope:
Quote from the yesterday's thread "Swype on the Sprint Nexus S 4G" here at Swype Forums.

Pitifully, it wasn't included in 3.25, however it was/n't in Sprint-Nexus release.

lightning
05-07-2012, 5:50 PM
I found the key sequence to modify the Swype keyboard option
1. press the Sym key
2. press the shift key
3. press the opt key (lower left key)

lightning
05-07-2012, 5:52 PM
I found the key sequence to modify the Swype keyboard options
1. press the Sym key
2. press the shift key

Billingsgate
05-07-2012, 10:42 PM
I found the key sequence to modify the Swype keyboard option
1. press the Sym key
2. press the shift key

Where and what is the Sym key?

David Johnstone
05-24-2012, 12:28 PM
Depending on your Swype version, the SYM key either has the "SYM" abbreviation or "+!=" on it.

McNerdius
08-11-2012, 7:22 PM
Manual Updates ?

Yeah, i'm bumping a one year old post to say: THANK GOD i only have to deal with this POS popup for another week or so.

David Johnstone
08-16-2012, 3:56 PM
Manual Updates ?

Yeah, i'm bumping a one year old post to say: THANK GOD i only have to deal with this POS popup for another week or so.

Why not download the latest Swype Beta version at http://beta.swype.com? Tips can be disabled in Swype Settings now (just un-check "Show helpful tips"). :D

Comynara
08-31-2012, 10:03 AM

Thanks for letting us know it's being worked on Brian. May I suggest though that you move it higher up the priority list? It's extremely frustrating! So much so that I've changed my input method OFF of Swype several times because I got so aggravated having to exit out of that screen every two seconds. But I'm a terrible texter so I really like Swype and I end up reactivating it later. This is really my biggest gripe with this program.

ionutz6
09-06-2012, 5:23 AM
I got two main concerns regarding the output of swype keyboard: I really don't need the Swype Tips button, as well as the Voice Recognition button, but, for example, I would care to have a smiley button on the main keyboard. Is it something that difficult to be a bit customizable, like most other keyboards out there are?
I am pretty sure for most of the users out there, apart for english speakers, the voice command button doesn't do jack, doesn't work, just uses space on the screen, instead of using that space for smth else, be it even a larger SPACE key.

thanks for considering my suggestions!

Ionutz

porterhouse
01-23-2013, 2:44 PM
Please oh please....Get rid if the Swype settings button all together (bottom left) Or already make it an option to have there. THEN WIDEN THE SPACE BAR...Swype would then be perfect. I'm sure most others would agree