PDA

View Full Version : Update notification without reinstalling?

xNotta
09-02-2010, 4:10 PM
Hi, Is there a way I can check for updates to Swype without completely uninstalling, loosing all of my settings, then re-installing?
Also, is there a change log located anywhere?

Phone info:
HTC Evo
Sprint
2.2 (FroYo)
Stock

Thank you.

brian.resnik
09-02-2010, 5:05 PM
We'll always notify you via email when we provide an update to Swype. We do extensive testing per-version, so it's usually around 90days between beta updates.

Changelogs are included with the update email.

xNotta
09-03-2010, 1:39 PM
We'll always notify you via email when we provide an update to Swype. We do extensive testing per-version, so it's usually around 90days between beta updates.

This is only my second month with my phone so I haven't seen an update email yet.
Thank you for the quick answer. :]

crakdmirror
09-03-2010, 2:28 PM

Is there a way to find what the current version is? Just in case we missed an update or something?

Thanks for the awesome product! =)

-crakdmirror

xNotta
09-03-2010, 4:40 PM
Is there a way to find what the current version is? Just in case we missed an update or something?

Thanks for the awesome product! =)

-crakdmirror

Would be great if update checks were integrated in the Swype Installer app.

EDIT: I am currently using v. 1.56.30.7625.t100
Not sure if there has been any updates since I re installed last.

brian.resnik
09-03-2010, 8:04 PM
v. 1.56.30.7625.t100 is the latest beta version, and was released in June.

Automatic-update functionality is something we'd like to provide, but right now we bluntly just don't have the time. All of our devs are very busy preparing various versions of Swype for Preload contracts. We'll get to it eventually though, I'm sure :)

xNotta
09-05-2010, 6:10 PM
v. 1.56.30.7625.t100 is the latest beta version, and was released in June.

Automatic-update functionality is something we'd like to provide, but right now we bluntly just don't have the time. All of our devs are very busy preparing various versions of Swype for Preload contracts. We'll get to it eventually though, I'm sure :)

Thanks for the confirmation of the version.
It's good to know that Swype is aware of the updating and is working to make it easier.

Keep up the great work.
Is there anything we could do to help?

Thanks again.

xNotta
09-11-2010, 6:00 PM
New update and I never received an email. :[

For anyone else like me:
http://www.androidcentral.com/swype-beta-android-update-older-version-expiring-soon

Version 2.4.44.10912.t100

Had to resend via http://beta.swype.com/

Thanks for the update, keep em coming please. :]

brian.resnik
09-11-2010, 6:58 PM
xNotta,

That's because we haven't sent out all the emails yet. We wanted to roll it out slowly so that we could fix any problems that we hadn't caught before things got out of hand :) Glad we did too. Apparently we fat-fingered a setting for WVGA854 devices.

Curse you, blogosphere, and your instant responsiveness to updates!

xNotta
09-11-2010, 7:31 PM
That's because we haven't sent out all the emails yet. We wanted to roll it out slowly so that we could fix any problems that we hadn't caught before things got out of hand :) Glad we did too. Apparently we fat-fingered a setting for WVGA854 devices.

Curse you, blogosphere, and your instant responsiveness to updates!

Ahhh, ok.
Sorry about the early post then. :(
If anyone reads this...dont read my last post for a few more days.

I really like keeping my phone up to date, so I totally jumped when I saw this news popping up. :-/

Anyways it seems to have fixed the swype line from outlining the keyboard until I switch the input method to stock then back to swype.

Would you like me to delete my last post? or you can. I didn't mean to jump the gun.

brian.resnik
09-11-2010, 7:48 PM
It's ok. We assume it's going to happen, haha. No big deal :)