PDA

View Full Version : Display/Hide SWYPE keyboard

migr12427671
06-23-2010, 2:21 PM
I love SWYPE style text input, but on my HTC Droid Incredible in landscape mode the input field is the only thing I see other than the SWYPE keyboard. So when I need to scroll/switch to another text field to input text I have to switch to portrait mode so that I can scroll and select another input field and then switch back to landscape mode. Is there an option already built in similar to HTC's stock keyboard to hide the keyboard....or something to combat this issue?

migr12460229
06-25-2010, 3:00 PM
Not only this, but I use Handcent SMS which gives a pop-up when you get a text message. There is no way to send the message without hiding the SWYPE keyboard. So i have to close the quick popup and then go into my SMS program and open the text again in order to type my message. A huge hassle!

brian.resnik
06-30-2010, 5:56 AM
If the BACK key doesn't work for you, you can also long-press the MENU key to show/hide the keyboard in Android.

migr13186181
07-23-2010, 3:09 AM
Hello Brian, I am using a Samsung Galaxy S which has the long-press for the menu key configured to open the search dialog because it has no dedicated search key.

Is there another way hide the swype keyboard besides the back key which will often close the application?