PDA

View Full Version : Swyping without looking!

brian.resnik
09-01-2010, 2:24 PM
I took a moment to show off a skill I've developed over the past few weeks. I can now Swype without looking :)

The camera quality stinks (my webcam) and there's dirty clothes on the floor, but you get the idea, hehe. I'll make something better when I can.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBrLqGM-2kc

Check me out :)

AngryHatter
01-11-2011, 11:18 PM
Not a LONG I sound?
Sw_eye_p
That was really cool, actually.

What I really dig about Swype is I can approximate a word and get what I want...just scroll through the neighborhood.

Dejuanxg™
01-22-2011, 7:49 PM
I don't mean to hate but you never showed your screen before you stated typing. With the bad camera quality it could of already been typed.

LadyAngler
02-17-2011, 10:29 AM
I took a moment to show off a skill I've developed over the past few weeks. I can now Swype without looking :)

The camera quality stinks (my webcam) and there's dirty clothes on the floor, but you get the idea, hehe. I'll make something better when I can.

Lol. That's dedication! That was a cute lil video. :-)

Go Packers!!!

Newbie-S
08-22-2012, 9:37 AM
Too clever by half :) BTW I've downloaded Swype Beta to my HTC One V and set the Settings/Language Keyboard button to ON but when I type a text the standard HTC keyboard is still the default. Wold you know how I can switch on the Swype keyboard?
Thanks.

David Johnstone
08-22-2012, 1:03 PM
Too clever by half :) BTW I've downloaded Swype Beta to my HTC One V and set the Settings/Language Keyboard button to ON but when I type a text the standard HTC keyboard is still the default. Wold you know how I can switch on the Swype keyboard?
Thanks.

Hey there Newbie-S,

Open your HTC One V's Android Settings menu, scroll to "Language & keyboard", and tap on "Configure input method". There should be a list of available input methods, including one called "Swype Beta". Ensure that this has a check mark next to it (i.e. ensure it's been activated as an optional keyboard).

Then, open a text field, peel down your notification bar from the top of you screen, and tap on "Choose input method". This should give you a list of activated input methods, of which one is "Swype Beta". Tap on "Swype Beta", and you should be set.

If this fails, please post a screenshot of your input method configuration screen in Android Settings so I can assist further.

Newbie-S
09-01-2012, 3:39 PM
Fabulous - thanks David, it works a treat - though I'm not sure where I might have looked for that information myself!

Gratefully yours :)

Hey there Newbie-S,

Open your HTC One V's Android Settings menu, scroll to "Language & keyboard", and tap on "Configure input method". There should be a list of available input methods, including one called "Swype Beta". Ensure that this has a check mark next to it (i.e. ensure it's been activated as an optional keyboard).

Then, open a text field, peel down your notification bar from the top of you screen, and tap on "Choose input method". This should give you a list of activated input methods, of which one is "Swype Beta". Tap on "Swype Beta", and you should be set.

If this fails, please post a screenshot of your input method configuration screen in Android Settings so I can assist further.

fernandot26
03-25-2013, 9:26 PM
So if i get the HTC One V, I may install swype and have it succesfully running and is it good. Also is the phone good or a start to a genaration.

handled_badly
03-26-2013, 4:30 PM
The One V is okay for the money, I personally prefer something more powerful and larger. So on prepaid I'd be slow to recommend it, but if you're getting it as part of a context deal I'd say get something a lot more powerful for a little more up front.

Regarding Swype, I've never seen a device it can't install on, and I've used more than any normal person can :-P