PDA

View Full Version : New Device Won't Install Swype

andersc
08-31-2010, 5:57 PM
Hi,

I just got a replacement Droid running Froyo now, and Swype will not install because it says it is not the device I registered the beta with. I tried submitting an email for support, and over a week later got one telling me to post here. Any assistance would be appreciated.

AC

brian.resnik
08-31-2010, 6:08 PM
Each account is able to support up to 2 different devices. Please read the HOW-TO thread on asking for help, and if you're absolutely sure you're not trying to use your account on more than your second device, click the "InfoDesk" link at the top of the page and submit a ticket with subject "ESN Reset" that includes the MEID number of your device (this is found by going to Settings -> About Phone -> Phone Identity).

MrObvious
08-31-2010, 7:33 PM
I am in the same boat. I just did the following above.

Lamont2g
09-01-2010, 6:19 AM
I have the same problem. I had to get a replacement device and Swype will not install on the device. I have sent several emails and posted in the old forums with no solution so far. I have submitted a ticket as well.

arazorbladesmile
09-01-2010, 6:37 AM
Hi guys at Swype

I've had to change my phone under warranty and am getting the error "The ID of this phone does not match your registration at beta.swype.com" when trying to reinstall Swype to the new phone, I understand that each Swype account is able to support up to 2 different devices, the phone that had to go back was number one the replacement phone should be number two but it want work.

This app is a must have for me as Im Dyslexic and being able to miss letters out and still have Swype come up with the correct word is just perfect.

Full text of the error message: The ID of this phone does not match your registration at beta.swype.com

I have completed the basic troubleshooting steps exactly as follows:

Made sure that Swype was UNCHECKED in Settings -> Language & Keyboard before uninstalling Swype
Uninstalled both Swype and SwypeInstaller from my device
Closed all widgets from the desktop
Uninstalled 3rd party task managers
Downloaded the SwypeInstaller
Installed the SwypeInstaller but did not complete the Swype installation.
Rebooted the device.
Launched SwypeInstaller and complete the installation.

I have also check your forums (http://swype.uservoice.com) for solutions but have not found a solution.

Are you using APPS2SD? No.
Do you have a 3rd party task manager installed, such as Advanced Task Killer? Yes but this was uninstalled.
Is AT&T your carrier? No I am with O2.

Thanks for any help you can give.

arazorbladesmile
09-01-2010, 6:43 AM
Additional info

NEW PHONE INFORMATION:
Phone: HTC Desire A8181
Android OS version: 2.2
Baseband version: 32.43.00.32U_5.09.00.20
Kernel version: 2.6.32.15-gf9c0527 htc-kernel@and18-2 #1
Build number: 2.09.405.8 CL218634 release-key
Software number: 2.09.405.8

brian.resnik
09-01-2010, 9:29 AM
arazorbladesmile:

Please follow the instructions I posted above for submitting a trouble-ticket and I'll get you taken care of. Thanks!

grizzld
09-01-2010, 5:05 PM
Brian,

I just submitted a trouble ticket and received an email that said my trouble ticket would be deleted if I wasn't referred by a "member of our staff." In the subject I put "ESN Reset." Do I need to get approval from you and resubmit?

brooklynberger
09-01-2010, 6:58 PM
Brian,

Same here. I followed your instructions but received the same email. Do I need to be referred?

brian.resnik
09-01-2010, 7:52 PM
Brian,

I just submitted a trouble ticket and received an email that said my trouble ticket would be deleted if I wasn't referred by a "member of our staff." In the subject I put "ESN Reset." Do I need to get approval from you and resubmit?

Brian,

Same here. I followed your instructions but received the same email. Do I need to be referred?
What you'll both need to do is follow the instructions in the HOW-TO thread for submitting your debugging logs. Read the instructions carefully and post your debug log links here. If you require an ESN reset, I'll be able to tell from you logs.